Operations Business Analyst
Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter company in Australia and New Zealand. Operating in 35 cities internationally we have expanded to the UK, and Canada where we are the fastest-growing e-scooter operator. Our mission is to partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. Cities are our most important customers and our vision is to help them build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron was founded in Singapore in 2016, we develop our own industry-leading e-scooters which are purpose-built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for the technology that manages them. The company has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety and sustainable operations.
Reporting to our Head of Global Central Operations, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced business analyst with strong SQL skills to join our team. This role will primarily focus on central operations, supply chain and inventory. As an Operations Business Analyst, you will play a critical role in analysing data, identifying trends, and providing actionable insights to optimise our operations and drive efficiency across various functions.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including central operations, hardware, and supply chain on projects, to gather and analyse data.
- Develop and maintain robust data models, reports, and dashboards using SQL and other analytical tools, including tableau.
- Extract, transform, and load data from multiple sources to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Identify and interpret key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate operational performance and track progress against targets.
- Conduct thorough data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and insights that drive operational improvements and cost reductions.
- Generate ad-hoc reports and perform root cause analysis to resolve operational and hardware challenges.
- Identify process bottlenecks and areas of improvement within central operations, hardware, and supply chain/procurement/inventory management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define business requirements and provide recommendations for process optimisation.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends related to micro-mobility operations and supply chain management.
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in business analysis and reporting management
- Proficient in SQL & Excel; Python skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of data visualisation tools beyond Tableau, like Power BI or Looker.
- Experience managing and communicating with various stakeholders.
- Quantitative background and abilities; Strong analytical, problem solving and logic skills.
- Self-motivated, takes ownership of projects, and proactively works on things that need to be done.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment is a plus.
- A keen interest in shared mobility operations and a growth mindset is essential to this role
Make It Happen
We strive to deliver results with the highest impact and are committed to following through. We continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
We seize the initiative and are always looking for continual improvement, for ourselves, our team and the cities we serve. We relish the chance for action even if it leads us outside of our normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Our decisions are evidence-based. We assess situations fairly, wherever possible using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions.
We ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and are ready to leave behind what we thought we knew.
Do More With Less
We understand that both time and resources are finite. We balance our priorities and think strategically about how we can maximise our impact and the return on investment.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!
Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.