Assistant Manager, Account Payable
Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter company in Australia and New Zealand. Operating in 35 cities internationally we have expanded to the UK, and Canada where we are the fastest-growing e-scooter operator. Our mission is to partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. Cities are our most important customers and our vision is to help them build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron was founded in Singapore in 2016, we develop our own industry-leading e-scooters which are purpose-built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for the technology that manages them. The company has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety and sustainable operations.
You will be responsible for the area of Procure to Pay process within the Group. You will be the key person in matters of system or master data related inquiries for areas of responsibility. You will be working in a fast-paced, exciting and highly rewarding environment that will provide plenty of opportunities for personal growth. You will be reporting to the Head of Finance, supervising 2 staff members and will work closely with the teams from the ANZ, Canada, UK and other upcoming new markets. You will be assisting the Head of Finance in financial operations for the relevant markets, collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders and execute internal projects.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and supervise a team of 2; to provide guidance and direction on the accounts payable operations.
- Manage day-to-day accounts payables operations including invoice processing, 3-way match, bank loads, payment clearing and queries relating to the payment process.
- Review and process staffs' claims reimbursement.
- Administrator for various payments and claims platforms such as Aspire, Expensify..
- Vendor master database management in ERP (i.e: creating a new vendor at NetSuite).
- Manage company's corporate cards including onboarding and offboarding the card holders, assigning budget, liasing with the card provider, etc.
- Maintain details of accruals, and reconcile all accounts payables related accounts at each month end as per company policy.
- Assist with year-end audit and tax and other regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and assist with monthly management reports and financial accounts.
- Develop and periodically review finance & administration process, procedure and system for the efficiency of the operations.
- Ad hoc and special projects as required by management.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 5 to 8 years of Procure to Pay process finance and accounting relevant experience including some in-house with MNCs or reputable start-ups.
- Strong grasp of processes and controls. Experience working in the US SOX environment is an added advantage.
- Adaptable, strong willingness to learn, and detail oriented with strong work ethic and organisational skills, and ability to handle different work streams under time constraints.
- People management experience in a hyper-growth, shared service, cross-functional global environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable in conducting the training or presentation for small or large audiences.
- Proficiency using financial software and digital tools, NetSuite ERP knowledge preferred.
- Excellent organisational skills and efficient management of multiple tasks and priorities.
- Agility to apply financing and accounting knowhow to a dynamic mobility start-up.
- High level of integrity takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve the current state of things and be adaptable to embrace new changes.
- Able to start work immediately or on short notice.
Make It Happen
We strive to deliver results with the highest impact and are committed to following through. We continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
We seize the initiative and are always looking for continual improvement, for ourselves, our team and the cities we serve. We relish the chance for action even if it leads us outside of our normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Our decisions are evidence-based. We assess situations fairly, wherever possible using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions.
We ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and are ready to leave behind what we thought we knew.
Do More With Less
We understand that both time and resources are finite. We balance our priorities and think strategically about how we can maximise our impact and the return on investment.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!
Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.