Senior Accountant, Controllership
Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter company in Australia and New Zealand. Operating in 35 cities internationally we have expanded to the UK, and Canada where we are the fastest-growing e-scooter operator. Our mission is to partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. Cities are our most important customers and our vision is to help them build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron was founded in Singapore in 2016, we develop our own industry-leading e-scooters which are purpose-built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for the technology that manages them. The company has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety and sustainable operations
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for a range of finance and accounting duties for a portfolio of entities.
- Manage and monitor group inventories, ensuring accurate recording, valuation, and reporting.
- Assist with month end close transactions and driving efficiencies with the month end close process.
- Perform ad-hoc vendor payments where necessary.
- Coordinate intercompany billing process and reconcile intercompany accounts to ensure proper allocation and reporting across entities.
- Act as a trusted finance business partner, providing financial insights, analysis, and support in driving operational efficiency and cost optimization.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets records, including acquisitions, disposals, depreciation, and impairment assessments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline processes, improve internal controls, and enhance financial reporting accuracy.
- Prepare and present financial reports, analysis, and variance explanations to management
- Collating and preparing periodic management accounts and other reporting packs.
- Group consolidation, internal and external reporting
- Ad hoc duties and special projects as assigned by management.
What You'll Need
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or equivalent certification.
- Big 4 background preferred
- Fluent English language skills
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to manage priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Professional and open to working on own initiative as well as with a team
- Comfortable with Netsuite ERP, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ambitious, curious and eagerness to learn and drive efficiencies within the finance function
- 5 - 8 years finance and accounting experience in Big 4 Accounting firms including some in-house with MNCs or reputable start-ups a plus
- Adaptable, strong willingness to learn, and detail oriented with strong work ethic and organisational skills, and ability to handle different work streams under time constraints
- Comfortable operating in a cross-functional and hyper-growth environment
- Strong project management skills
- Agility to apply financing and accounting knowhow to a dynamic mobility start-up
- Familiar with IFRS or equivalent accounting standards
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership, innovation, and execution management; ability to influence without authority
Make It Happen
We strive to deliver results with the highest impact and are committed to following through. We continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
We seize the initiative and are always looking for continual improvement, for ourselves, our team and the cities we serve. We relish the chance for action even if it leads us outside of our normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Our decisions are evidence-based. We assess situations fairly, wherever possible using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions.
We ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and are ready to leave behind what we thought we knew.
Do More With Less
We understand that both time and resources are finite. We balance our priorities and think strategically about how we can maximise our impact and the return on investment.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!
Neuron Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all employment decisions including recruitment, appointment and promotion decisions on the basis of business needs, individual qualifications, and merit.
The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are dedicated to the continued personal and professional growth of our employees. We protect all of our employees regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social origin, physical and mental disability, religion or belief, marital or domestic partnership status, family or parental status and any other status recognised and protected by the law and regulations of where we operate.