Hybrid Supervisor (Workshop + Ground Operations)
Neuron is the leading shared e-scooter company in Australia and New Zealand. Operating in 35 cities internationally we have expanded to the UK, and Canada where we are the fastest-growing e-scooter operator. Our mission is to partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe, convenient and fun way. Cities are our most important customers and our vision is to help them build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron was founded in Singapore in 2016, we develop our own industry-leading e-scooters which are purpose-built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for the technology that manages them. The company has launched an impressive range of world firsts, particularly when it comes to safety and sustainable operations
Operations Supervisor Hybrid is the leader for our Ground Operations team - monitoring our Ground Patrollers and Drivers as well as a leader in the Warehouse monitoring the mechanics. Primary KPIs for the Ground Operations component relate to the availability of our Neuron e-scooters and the ideal distribution of scooters in the city (rebalancing). The Primary KPIs for the Warehouse Operations component relate to the productivity of the mechanics (RTG/hour) and inventory accuracy levels. The ideal candidate has built and led a team before and is highly motivated to make Neuron a resounding success, both locally and nationally. Reporting into the City Operations Manager, an Operations Supervisor Hybrid may also have the opportunity to spearhead the growth and proactively contribute to other local or non-local launch initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Perform basic administrative tasks, such as shift scheduling and manpower deployment planning.
- Manage the Ground Patrollers & Drivers in maintaining city availability (battery swaps), retrieving issues and returning scooters to the designated parking stations.
- Ensure the Operations team performs timely deployment of the mobility devices at designated stations to support consumer demand.
- Ensure timely pick up of assigned e-scooters from scooter consolidation areas.
- Ensure the Operations team performs quality control and basic maintenance on the e-scooters.
- Train new Operations staff members and Mechanics (conduct refresher training as necessary)
- Ensure that the Operations teams adhere to the Operations Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop and execute Neuron’s Warehouse Management strategy
- Planning for and conducting monthly (or as required) stocktakes
- Service and repair e-scooters
- Represent Neuron as a positive brand ambassador.
- From time to time, assist other operational cities in AUS in carrying out the above duties
What you'll need:
- A valid Open Class Driver Licence
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to work weekends
- Ability to lift, carry and manoeuvre 26-28 kg
- Any mobility/logistics/transportation experience is advantageous
- A hands-on approach to leadership - our Operations supervisors will need to be comfortable managing “in the field” alongside their team members
- Self-starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Passionate about delivering a seamless customer experience.
Make It Happen
We strive to deliver results with the highest impact and are committed to following through. We continuously optimise through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
We seize the initiative and are always looking for continual improvement, for ourselves, our team and the cities we serve. We relish the chance for action even if it leads us outside of our normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinions
Our decisions are evidence-based. We assess situations fairly, wherever possible using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions.
We ask questions, challenge assumptions, learn from mistakes and are ready to leave behind what we thought we knew.
Do More With Less
We understand that both time and resources are finite. We balance our priorities and think strategically about how we can maximise our impact and the return on investment.
If you are passionate about making a real-time impact and want the opportunity to play an instrumental part in our growth story, we want you riding for our team!