Accounts Assistant - Revenue/Billings
Have you ever walked into a place and felt right at home? People are chatting, laughing and exchanging ideas; they’re deeply invested. No one’s afraid to speak up, experiment or fail. And everyone cares – about the work, each other, the planet and what's for lunch.
It’s a place where you’re celebrated for the value you add, not the title you come with, and supported to do what makes you happy.
As the Revenue & Sales Accountant, you’ll be at the heart of keeping this awesome operation ticking over with amazing accuracy and efficiency, across four countries and our team of 300 world-class humans. Take responsibility for the accounting for contracts, billing and revenue management including invoicing and revenue assurance, and contribute to process and systems improvements.
Here’s how you’ll do that:
- Timely and accurate revenue invoicing
- Maintain and document contracts, working in partnership with the business
- Ensuring the revenue and costs of goods sold recognition complies with the accounting policies
- Sales tax compliance activities, and assist with sales tax reporting as required
- Maintaining the billing system, accounts receivables records and sales ledger
This is what you’ll need to do it:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role, invoicing or billings
- Proven knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices
- Prior experience in ERP software (Sage Intacct using the Contracts module is ideal)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor of Accounting, Business or Commerce degree is preferred
A bit about us, in the hope you’ll quit whatever you’re doing and join us.
We’re a business planning and analytics company on a mission to make people feel good about data. Since 2001, we’ve helped thousands of companies turn complex business data into performance boosting results. Despite our now global status of 300 world-class humans, we’ve held on to our start-up roots. The result is a workplace that’s fast, exciting and designed for fun.
We know that fun is different for everyone. So, if you want to experiment with tech, lead a project, champion wellness, or leave early to dabble in your cake making side hustle, you’ll have our full support.
As long as you’re happy, the rest falls into place. Think less stress, higher performance, more energy and all-round nicer human. Your friends and family will be delighted.
Did we mention we also have exceptional employee benefits?! Think... private healthcare cashback, share options, 30 day work anywhere policy, Public holiday swap, work life balance & wellness benefits.... and more!
Sounds good, right?!
Create your happy place.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.