Senior Software Engineer
Have you ever walked into a place and felt right at home? People are chatting, laughing and exchanging ideas; they’re deeply invested. No one’s afraid to speak up, experiment or fail. And everyone cares – about the work, each other, the planet and even where to find the best snacks for lunch.
It’s a place where you’re celebrated for the value you add, not the title you come with, and you’re supported to do what makes you happy.
It’s what makes Phocas special.
And there’s more to Phocas’s special character – we have a rich twenty-year history as a trailblazer in data analytics and financial analytics. Each day we process vast quantities of data to help our customers find insights they can use to run their businesses better. Our push for excellence has helped us grow to 300 people in 6 offices across the world, with headquarters in Sydney and Product & Development teams in both Orange and Christchurch.
We delight our customers by doing the hard work for them, using the latest cloud technologies and best tools for the job.
Our values? Fun, fulfilling, forever - and we mean that. People love working at Phocas because of our amazing culture. We have some of the happiest employees around!
This is an opportunity for a senior developer to make a big impact on one of our product teams:
- Implement a major product re-design to take advantage of a significant market opportunity
- Help drive a high performing team culture as part of a cross-functional team
- Set the product’s architectural direction and contribute to product roadmap decisions
- Mentor other engineers
What are we looking for?
- You are a confident, experienced developer who can make and communicate well-informed technical and architectural decisions
- Strong history of developing software products in modern web and UI orientated languages and frameworks - ideally including React, Typescript, GraphQL, C#, and SQL
- Experience delivering software products that run on cloud-based infrastructure (preferably Amazon AWS)
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Enthusiasm, passion, a willingness to learn, and a growth mindset.
- Sense of fun and a genuine desire to work as part of a diverse and collaborative team that is empowered to make decisions.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options plan
- Dedicated time for learning and development each fortnight
- Benefits include life cover, income protection insurance and subsidised health cover
- Flexible hybrid working policy
We pride ourselves on our positive, collaborative culture and encourage our team to come into the office - and we love being here! - but we also like to be flexible around hours and working from home.
Create your happy place.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.