Simple isn’t easy. We should know.
During 20+ years of delivering financial planning and analytics products that are simple to use, we’ve overcome numerous complex challenges. We’ve had plenty of failures, but from each one we try to learn and push forward with an alternative approach. This is how we've stayed at the leading edge, creating products that are changing the way the world works.
Our Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) team works on the technology that gets customer data into the Phocas platform, quickly, reliably and easily. As a member of that team we’ll ask you to challenge the status quo and question how we can improve the process and the technology, with an emphasis on performance, ease of use, scalability and security.
The team has a varied remit and goes where it sees opportunity for adding value, so in this role you’ll work on a wide range of initiatives. Above all, you’ll thrive at Phocas if you get satisfaction from taking the complex and making it simple.
Our teams are empowered to solve customer problems the way they think best. We trust them to make good decisions about what problems to solve and how to solve them, and we give them the space to excel. Learning and improvement is as critical to our success as it is yours, so we set time aside for you to spend on your personal development.
We're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working on complex software products, preferably ones that process large quantities of data
- A confident, experienced developer who can devise, communicate and implement well-informed technical solutions
- A strong history of delivering software products using C#, SQL, and Entity Framework that run on cloud-based infrastructure (preferably Amazon AWS)
- Enthusiasm, passion, a willingness to learn and a growth mindset.
- A sense of fun and a genuine desire to work as part of a diverse and collaborative team that is empowered to make decisions.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options plan
- Dedicated time for learning and development each fortnight
- Benefits include life cover, income protection insurance and subsidised health cover
- Work with some of the best tech talent in Christchurch
- Central location with free parking and easy motorway access
- Flexible hybrid working policy
Generally Phocas is a strong supporter of international talent, however due to current visa settings and processing times, at present we are only considering applicants who hold NZ working rights for this position.
More about Phocas
Over the past 20 years Phocas has grown from a UK-based startup to a global organisation with nearly 300 employees around the world, headquartered in Sydney, with a Product & Development team here in Christchurch.
Phocas helps people feel good about data by doing the hard work for them. We offer a range of products that enable our customers to quickly and easily analyse data from multiple sources, discover insights, and share reports. Our solutions are used by around 30,000 people in businesses across a wide range of industries. We change the way people think and work, and make it easier for them to be decisive and operate with confidence. We pride ourselves on our customer-centric approach and are committed to delivering high-quality software that meets the evolving needs of our clients.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?