Technical Presales Consultant
As a high-growth tech company selling software in a competitive global market, the work is not easy. But it’s interesting and super fun. As the Technical Presales Consultant, you are the liaison between the end client, sales, product, customer experience and marketing teams. Throughout the buying journey you will identify and scope new requests and enhancements to provide Phocas product and technical pre-sales expertise to drive revenue growth.
Get hooked on supporting the local sales team(s) in their efforts to grow our business and make people feel good. This is our mission and it drives every area of our work – from the way we develop our products to how we talk about them, sell them and implement them for our customers around the world.
It’s what our consultants love about the work. Because it gives meaning to their roles. Oh, and did we mention it was fun? No? Well, you’re in for a good time.Here’s how you’ll do that:
- Support the sales team(s) in prospect and customer meetings by providing guided demos that align the customers needs to the Phocas product suite.
- Build and maintain great customer relationships, to make each project successful for both the client and Phocas Software.
- Provide product demos, managing requests for business and system requirements, documenting and confirming data connection and the plan deliverables by providing a Statement of Work (SOW).
- Build Proof of Concepts (POCs) using the customers data which articulate the value proposition of Phocas and support the sale(s) team winning business.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with clients and internal technical staff.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to document project requirements and track milestones.
A bit about us to see if we’re a match for your enthusiasm
We’re a business planning and analytics company on a mission to make people feel good about data. We’ve been hard at it for 20, helping 2,300 companies turn complex business data into performance boosting results. Despite our global status, we’ve held on to our start-up roots. The result is a workplace that’s fast, exciting and designed for fun.
Create your happy place!
Salary Range: $130,000 to $155,000 (Salary range is subject to regional differences and assumes fully qualified based on job requirements).
- 3- 5 years as a business analyst or implementation consultant in software or information services.
- Good working knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent attention to detail and process-driven methodologies.
- Proactive approach to managing a project, and problem resolution.
- Highly skilled at interfacing with all levels of an organization and direct customer/client management experience
- Previous project management experience, PMP certification is highly desired.
- Experience defining, implementing or supporting software preferred.
- Familiarity with BI reporting tool.
- Experience with various ERP systems and knowing the ERP / partner ecosystem.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.