At Prospa, we exist to unleash the potential of every small business. We are building the future of small business and simplifying cashflow by building a leading platform that helps customers make payments, fund growth and reduce admin.
As a Data Analyst at Prospa, you will be a key influencer in the practices of visualisation theory, data analysis and modelling that drive founded analysis and arguments for change across a range of business initiatives. You will work on transforming and translating customer behaviour into accurate and reliable information to drive informed decisions and growth across the business.
Our data team is an amazing team of talented analysts, engineers and data scientists who are and known for delivering real value every day. You will be welcomed as someone bringing your own unique experience, background and perspective to complement this team and we know you'll love the work we're doing.
What you will be doing
• Be a part of cross-functional teams’ day to day, leveraging your knowledge in data & analytics to improve their effectiveness
• Promote visualisation and analytics best practices to your analyst peers and the broader Data team to build arguments for change
• Support the business with proactive data discovery, building data assets to answer complex problems and identify opportunities for growth
• Extend and develop data models that enrich our single view of customer and other data assets
• Influence a culture of knowledge and curiosity across the business by developing trust in data integrity and confidence in self-serve analytics capabilities
What you’ll need to succeed
• Experience working with commercial data and applying analytics methodologies to projects that have delivered high strategic impact
• Experience applying visualisation theory by building dashboards that communicate arguments for change (Tableau is preferred)
• Experience with developing analysis applies advanced techniques and demonstrates grounding in statistics / maths
• Experience wrangling and modelling data using SQL and Python
• Experience developing and reviewing code to a standard that is optimal for data pipeline performance (knowledge of Airflow or similar tooling is a plus)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills - gathering requirements and presenting complex business and technical concepts simply to non-technical audiences and leadership
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application.
What we offer:
As a busy grow getter, our benefits are here to help you be unstoppable in your mission. Whether it’s a lofty career goal, investing in your family, saving the planet or simply feeling fulfilled:
• Growth: There’s something for everyone including learning days, a learning allowance, leadership programs, performance coaching & digital learning
• Wellbeing: Think fitness initiatives, seasonal programs (including massages, skin checks, family picnics and coffee carts), additional “Me Days” and access to holistic EAP coaching.
• Lifestyle: Find your fit with flexible working options, top notch office facilities and diverse remote/ travel work options. You can also purchase additional leave and take up to 18 weeks paid parental leave
• Impact: Join a business that has committed to becoming carbon neutral by June 2024. And you can tap into volunteer days, our partnership with Kiva and join a range of employee resource groups.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking. You’ll find an environment where there’s always something new around the corner. It’s collaborative, inclusive and respectful. A place where we celebrate who you are, naturally.
We’re building the future of small business finance. Join us!