Senior Analyst, Credit Risk Policy
At Prospa, we exist to unleash the potential of every small business. We are building the future of small business and simplifying cashflow by building a leading platform that helps customers make payments, fund growth and reduce admin.
Reporting into the Manager, Credit Risk Policy you’ll ensure underwriting is aligned to the business appetite and provide data-drive recommended solutions, own and manage the underwriting of manual policies and procedures. You’ll also work cross functionally to implement solutions that are an appropriate trade-off between customer value, commercial benefit, prudential credit risk management and feasibility whilst prioritising and delivering initiatives that optimise how Prospa provides credit and creates amazing experiences to small businesses to unleash their potential.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate across Credit Risk team to ensure Prospa’s loss rates remain within the Board mandated risk appetite range.
- Support the Manager, Credit Risk Policy in:
- Owning the underwriting of policies and procedures, and ensuring underwriting is aligned to the business appetite.
- Owning the credit decision process, including the right levels of delegation and discretionary processes.
- Key Business Enabler/Driver in improvements to business practices, controls and opportunities whist mitigating any potential risks.
- Internal Credit Risk audit functions to ensure decisions meet our compliance and underwriting frameworks and feedback and training is provided appropriately.
- Consulting and collaborating with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineering & Risk Analytics team to help solve complex user problems ensuring solutions are viable and consistent.
- Ensuring the CDE; proprietary underwriting tool is behaving as expected and is directly aligned to business appetite and underwriting policies.
- Document all analysis and system changes.
- Identify and recommend changes to Credit Risk’s datasets to enhance data quality.
- Proactively contribute to Credit Risk’s team culture, values, and ways of working.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience in a Credit Risk function either at a bank or fintech.
- A strong understanding of the customer lifecycle of consumers or small business lending.
- A strong understanding of credit underwriting, bank statement analysis, financial analysis for small-to-medium businesses or consumer lending.
- A strong understanding of how to implement and assess credit operations underwriting processes (e.g., delegated lending authorities and internal audits).
- Ability to run training sessions and workshops on system processes, policy updates or subject matter expert.
- Effectively communicate and support internal and external stakeholders on credit underwriting policy, process, and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, generate ideas, and challenge the status quo.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Databricks/SQL skills preferred but not mandatory.
Don't let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application.
What we offer:
As a busy grow getter, our benefits are here to help you be unstoppable in your mission. Whether it's a lofty career goal, investing in your family, saving the planet or simply feeling fulfilled:
- Growth: There's something for everyone including learning days, a learning allowance, leadership programs, performance coaching & digital learning
- Wellbeing: Think fitness initiatives, seasonal programs (including massages, skin checks, family picnics and coffee carts), additional "Me Days" and access to holistic EAP coaching.
- Lifestyle: Find your fit with flexible working options, top notch office facilities and diverse remote/ travel work options. You can also purchase additional leave and take up to 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Impact: Join a business that has committed to becoming carbon neutral by June 2024. And you can tap into volunteer days, our partnership with Kiva and join a range of employee resource groups.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking. You'll find an environment where there's always something new around the corner. It's collaborative, inclusive and respectful. A place where we celebrate who you are, naturally.
We're building the future of small business finance. Join us!