Senior Electrical Engineer (San Diego)
Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. We've helped over a million people understand and improve their health by providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles.
Empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
As an Electrical Engineer at Oura, you will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of electrical systems and components for our products. You will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team, including mechanical engineers, industrial designers, and software engineers, to create products that not only meet functional requirements but also provide an exceptional user experience.
Location: San Diego, CA
What You will do:
- Product Development: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and develop the product from concept to production. Ensure that electrical engineering considerations are integrated into the product development process.
- Electrical Design: Design and prototype electrical systems, including circuit boards, power distribution, and connectivity solutions, while considering factors like cost-effectiveness, power efficiency, and safety.
- Component Selection: Identify and select appropriate electronic components, sensors, and microcontrollers, considering product requirements and performance criteria.
- Schematic Design: Create detailed electrical schematics and PCB layouts using industry-standard software tools.
- Testing and Validation: Conduct thorough testing, validation, and troubleshooting of electrical systems to ensure they meet performance and safety standards. Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to develop test plans.
- Collaboration: Work closely with mechanical engineers to ensure seamless integration of electrical components within the product's physical design. Collaborate with firmware engineers to develop embedded systems and ensure software-hardware compatibility.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that products comply with relevant industry standards and regulations, such as FCC, CE, and safety standards.
- Cost Optimization: Identify opportunities for cost optimization in the electrical design while maintaining product quality and performance.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive documentation, including design specifications, test reports, and assembly instructions.
Requirements: We would love to have you on our team, if You have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in electrical design and development, preferably in consumer electronics.
- Proficiency in PCB design software (e.g., Altium, Cadence).
- Strong knowledge of analog and digital circuits, microcontrollers, batteries and communication protocols.
- Experience with prototype development and testing.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance and certification processes.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
At Oura, we care about you and your well-being. What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, dental, vision insurance, and mental health resources
- An Oura Ring of your own + employee discounts for friends & family
- Fertility benefits through Carrot Pro
- Flexible working hours and remote working arrangements
- $750 Learning & Development credit
- $25 DoorDash credit every Friday for lunch
- 20 days of PTO + 13 paid holidays + 8 days of flexible wellness time off
- 5 days paid sick leave, 5 days bereavement leave, 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura takes a market-based approach to pay, which may vary depending on your location. US locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. While most offers will be closer to the starting range, successful candidates’ pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, internal peer equity, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
- Region 2 $142,000 - $161,500
- A recruiter can determine your zones/tiers based on your US location.
Oura is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.