Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionise the way quantum technology is used by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered. They guide us in everything we do, how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. To help us do that, we’ve brought together an inspiring team of world leading physicists, engineers, product and design specialists (to name a few!). So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
As a DevOps Engineer at Q-CTRL, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing on the Q-CTRL Platform, a Kubernetes-based platform containing a variety of different workloads, including quantum modeling and GPU-accelerated machine learning tasks. You will also help ensure that our end-to-end processes - including development, testing, deployment, and maintenance - are as optimized and as code-driven as possible.
You will be joining a well-established engineering team offering you support, coaching, and mentorship. You will work closely with Quantum Product Engineering, Front-end Engineering, Back-end Engineering, and Product to advocate a culture and practice of quality and continuous improvement throughout the company.
What you'll be doing:
- Play a major role in the ongoing maintenance and transformation of the Q-CTRL Platform, a Kubernetes-based platform containing a variety of different workloads, including quantum modeling and GPU-accelerated machine learning tasks.
- Becoming intimately familiar with our software stack, including but not limited to: Providing insight from your past knowledge and integrating that into our overall platform architecture, making changes to application code when needed, and ensuring we use the best technologies possible to achieve our platform goals.
- Ensure that Q-CTRL stays current with industry best practices for operating in the cloud and proactively apply them, be a passionate advocate of DevOps culture, and be an active contributor towards innovating on and improving on our software engineering practices.
- Development toolchain support: CI/CD pipelines, ephemeral test environments, vulnerability scanning, and automated infrastructure-as-code deployment tooling.
- Helping ensure our applications are scalable, highly available and cloud-agnostic. We target multiple public clouds, we also may provision private infrastructure for select clients.
- Be consistently learning, as staying on top of your game is part of your job.
Ideally you'll have:
- At least 2 years of experience in DevOps Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering OR you are a skilled Software Engineer who is highly familiar with DevOps practices.
- Have worked with Kubernetes in a production environment before and have experience in using Kustomize and/or Helm.
- Knowledge about public clouds such as AWS or GCP to know how to configure them to current best practices as infrastructure as code and how that applies to a Kubernetes environment.
- Have worked with a variety of Linux distributions and can troubleshoot common problems.
- Knowledge in software development and programming and can quickly understand what an application is doing by looking at its codebase, sometimes with minimal information at hand. We primarily work with applications that use Go and Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A keen eye that identifies areas for improvement and takes initiative in implementing new technologies and solutions while building things the right way.
- Relevant Kubernetes certifications such as CKA, CKAD, or CKS.
- Relevant public cloud certifications such as AWS SAA/SAP or GCP ACE/PCA.
- Familiarity with the CNCF and its various projects.
- Experience using GitOps tools such as Argo CD or Flux CD.
It would be fantastic if you have these skills/backgrounds but not essential:
The base salary for this full-time position ranges from $82,500 - $198,000. This range reflects both the minimum and maximum annual target salary which is based on a number of factors such as experience, job related-skills, education and work location.
Please note, the base salary range provided does not include additional benefits, bonuses, employee stock options or any other forms of compensation which may be offered dependent on position level.
- Flexibility: We embrace hybrid and remote work so you can focus more on your global impact rather than rigid work schedules
- Parental support: Family comes first. We offer paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Diversity: As an equal employment opportunity employer, we value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all. We do this by actively supporting community initiatives around the world promoting diversity and including in STEM among others
- Competitive remuneration: Enjoy the start-up life without start-up wages
- Equity: We offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses so you have a sense of ownership in what you do
- Well funded: We closed our Series B in November 2021
- Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design teams globally with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
- Our values: You’ll work alongside our incredibly supportive team that works consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
- Personal development: We provide you with a generous personal development and wellness budget
- Meaningful work: Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to work in one of the world’s leading deep technology companies and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Q-CTRL
Something looks off?