Senior Program Manager, Proposals and Contracts
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
The Operations team works across the entirety of the global company to ensure the proper business-rhythm is set for our rapid growth. Focusing on talent, people, information technology, security, program management, and general operations (to name a few), this operationally-driven team transcends administrivia and bureaucracy to “get stuff done.” We lean on automation, data, and innovation to meet our charge to scale ahead of our growth.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Senior Program Manager role works directly with our Quantum Sensing division to drive the full life-cycle support of our externally funded research. From identification of global opportunities, to crafting competitive responses, to driving milestone execution and everything in between, this role will help shape the future direction of cutting-edge Quantum Sensing work. Specifically:
- Stay abreast of global solicitations in the Quantum Sensing space and evaluate opportunities against company strategy, capability, and resources.
- Identify global teaming opportunities to better respond to funding opportunities.
- Serve as proposal coordinator, responsible for task assignment, collating supporting documentation, liaising with research partners and funding agencies, and making the final submission.
- Define and follow grant and proposal methodology.
Opportunity execution and management
- Identify and schedule milestones, deliverables, and reporting deadlines for grants and contracts.
- Work with other Operations and Sensing team members, and liaise with funding agencies, partners, and customers to ensure timely delivery of the above.
- Work with Operations, Sensing, and Finance staff to ensure accurate and detailed financial planning of budgets and recording of expenditure.
- Undertake risk management using standard project management precepts throughout the contract life cycle.
Ideally you'll have:
- An advanced degree in Physics, Engineering, a closely related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Direct project management experience, especially supporting externally funded work.
- Direct experience responding to grants, proposals, tenders, or other funding announcements.
- Experience working in an R&D lab setting.
- Experience communicating with a range of stakeholders in a research setting including researchers, operations, and executive staff to coordinate tasking of multiple simultaneous project deliverables.
- Ability to synthesise complex technical jargon into pithy, compelling proposals and post-award presentations
Flexibility: We embrace flexibility and remote work so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.