Staff RF Engineer, Quantum Sensing
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are seeking a new Electronics Engineer to join the Accelerometry Team within the Quantum Sensing division at our laboratories in Sydney, Australia. This role will support development of new quantum sensor prototypes, with a particular focus on engineering to allow operation in the field.
This role is about supporting the development of our quantum sensor prototypes by assisting with custom analog circuit design and layout, PCB manufacturing and microwave/RF electronics. Reporting to the Lead Scientist, Quantum Sensing (Accelerometry), the Electronics Engineer will contribute to our rapidly growing efforts to deploy software-ruggedised quantum gravimeters, accelerometers, and magnetometers.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be part of an established and growing team focused on quantum sensing for a variety of industry sectors such as Aerospace, Defence, geophysical exploration and Earth observation
- Responsible for developing custom RF & microwave electronics for fielded quantum sensor prototypes
- Designing miniaturised electronics subsystems based on demonstrated bench-top prototypes
- Ensuring electronics systems are ruggedised for operation in the field
Ideally you'll have:
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Physics, Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Direct experience in developing circuit boards operating at RF and microwave frequencies
- R&D experience working concurrently with scientists and engineers
- CAD software/design experience is desirable but not essential
- A strong desire to work with a world leading team and a company that is fundamentally building the future of the quantum technology industry
Flexibility: We embrace workplace flexibility so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.