Senior Back-end Engineer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the team
The Back-end Engineering team works closely with our Quantum Control Engineering, Front-end Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Product, Marketing and Design teams.
We value collaboration and strongly advocate for the best engineering practices through engineering sessions for constant process, standards and tools improvements. While our Product team guides us on “building the right thing”, our Engineering teams focus on “building the things right”, embodying the three virtues and our standards.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing, testing and documenting Q-CTRL's API's in Python
- Maintaining the microservices and client packages that support our product features
- Work closely across all teams to fully understand requirements for new product features, in particular as defined by the Product team and expressed as scenarios using Gherkin Syntax (Given, When, Then)
- Review and address code and comments submitted by the team via pull requests
- Stay up-to-date with current best-practices in your field with a willingness to share knowledge freely
Ideally you'll have:
- At least 3 years of experience using Python and 5+ years of software development experience
- Hands on experience with web API development (GraphQL, RESTful, etc)
- Our core values resonate with you (to be real, trusted, just and revered) and you have a willingness to adapt, collaborate and help others
- We’re a successful start-up company which means we move quickly, but with thought and empathy. Understanding how to operate within these parameters is extremely important
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Python Web Frameworks such as Django, Flask or FastAPI
- Previous experience with Microservices
- Knowledge on OIDC and OAuth2 (we use Keycloak)
- Knowledge of distributed systems (we use Celery with RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Flexibility: We embrace workplace flexibility so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.