Senior Product Manager
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Product, we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead, own and scale one of our quantum control solutions focused on enabling experimental quantum hardware and helping scale systems. You’ll be a part of our world leading product team working closely with our key stakeholders across: engineering, technology, design, and marketing.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the Problem: Own the problem space, along with the opportunity and agency to solve challenges. You’re unafraid of the unknown and maintain a figure-it-out mindset.
- Bring Teams Together: Guide and drive product development, roadmaps, and go-to-market strategy with world-class engineers, designers, and marketers around clear goals and metrics while upholding world-class development process and craft.
- Outcomes over Output: Build a data- and feedback-fueled growth flywheel that leverages research, experimentation, and analysis to uncover and solve new customers' pain points on a day-to-day and week-to-week cadence.
- Build for Scale: Leverage expertise in product technology stacks to inform and guide development teams to build platform features at scale.
Ideally you'll have:
- 5+ years product management or related industry experience.
- Experience identifying significant opportunities, driving product vision, strategies, requirements, and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals.
- Comfortable working shoulder-to-shoulder with marketing, design, engineering, and research teams in a high-paced, collaborative context, often with a lot of uncertainty, to align the team and execute towards key milestones.
- Experience going through a full product development lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
- Enthusiasm and resilience in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Worked in a technical environment with a broad, cross functional team, often with a lot of uncertainty, to align the team and execute towards key milestones.
- Worked closely with members of technical and research teams, and are comfortable delivering technical presentations and presenting to internal leadership and external customers and executives.
- Familiarity with open source quantum software like Qiskit, QuTiP, and Quil-T, and mathematical software like MathWorks, Fusion 360, or SOLIDWORKS, along with their go-to-market approaches.
Flexibility: We embrace workplace flexibility so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.