Accounting & Finance
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles, Berlin and the UK. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the team
The lean finance team works across our global companies alongside outside contracted accountants. We are charged with the execution and strategy for all internal and external financial responsibilities. We lean on automation, data, and innovation to meet our charge to scale ahead of our growth. We work diligently to get things done and have fun while doing it.
About you and the position
Reporting to the Head of Finance based in CA/US, the Finance Manager, based in Sydney, will be responsible for and manage the day-to-day accounting functions across our entities. The Finance Manager will ensure the proper accounting treatment, processes, controls and reporting are streamlined and accurate for our growing business. The position will be hands-on as well as responsible for review of others' works. It has a wide-range of responsibilities, acting as a global resource within the company on all things accounting; the right-hand of the Head of Finance.
You are a detail oriented, process driven, multitasker with a positive attitude. You love challenges and are eager to learn new things. You are poised to review, analyse and make well thought out suggestions to mature and set the future direction for all accounting related practices, processes, and tools. You take responsibility for your own work and always focus on ensuring quality assurance before shipping outputs. You are able to help with our goal to create streamlined, accurate, timely financials for our investors and business leaders.
What you'll be doing:
- Hands on manage, maintain and review all day-to-day accounting functions across all entities including but not limited to: Accounts Payable/Expenses, Accounts Receivable, Journal Entries, Tax, Payrolls, Cash Receipts/Disbursements and Month End Close for timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Manage complex intercompany billing, loans and cash transactions.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including workpapers, analytical balance sheet review and other ad hoc financials reporting to support monthly close process and analysis as needed to support the business.
- Manage audits, including preparation of workpapers supporting the Head of Finance with the taxation affairs of the organisation and liaise with the external accountancy firms as needed.
- Review revenue and grant income recognition to ensure it is accounted for according to contract and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls and processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting, minimising firefighting.
- Support the Head of Finance to oversee and manage the cash flow of the company and ensure it has appropriate controls to mitigate potential risks.
Ideally you'll have:
- 5+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities, Chartered Accountant preferred with proficient knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience with global payroll processing and tax reporting, ideally in AUS, UK and US, knowledge of Rippling a plus.
- Experience with Xero, Google Workspace - Proficiency with Mac & Google Sheets, knowledge of Fathom a plus.
- Confidence and adaptability in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving startup environment.
Flexibility: We embrace workplace flexibility so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule.
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages.
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses.
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints.
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others.
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge.
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered.
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget.
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
Please be advised that our communications will only come from the @q-ctrl.com domain. All our active job postings are available on our company website.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.