Technical Sales Leader
IT, Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles and Berlin. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the role
As the Technical Leader of Sales for quantum computing, you will be responsible for leading all revenue-growth strategies and execution for Q-CTRL’s most technical products, including Boulder Opal and its offshoots. You'll have direct responsibility for sales and business development operations and provide key input into other functions of the company, including strategic partnerships.
You'll bring your proven experience in engaging, supporting and closing sales with a diverse range of customers from academic research groups, national labs, as well as companies that are building quantum computing hardware.
We are looking for a leader who can strategize, prioritize, and relentlessly follow up with customers to ensure that sales goals are met.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead all Boulder Opal related revenue-growth strategies and execution.
- Create and implement processes to ensure smooth growth and execution of the sales pipeline, including managing existing industry-standard tools (e.g. Salesforce, Outplay, Jira, Mailchimp) and implementing new sales methods and tools as needed.
- Establish clear direction to translate high-level strategies into ambitious, yet attainable plans, and constantly identify and close gaps in execution.
- Work closely with stakeholders in product management and finance to make critical decisions and priority calls.
- Become a known figure across the technical landscape of the quantum industry and drive large complex deals and opportunities in collaboration with senior leaders.
Ideally you'll have:
- 7+ years in a combination of progressive leadership and operating roles in Engineering, Solutions/ Applications, Product, Sales, Growth and Business Development in growth-stage technology businesses.
- Demonstrated success in diverse sales environments including commercial, academic/research labs.
- Comfort in pulling key information from and selling to a highly technical audience such as Ph.D.-level scientists/engineers.
- Strong management and interpersonal capability, enabling you to motivate and inspire and delegate effectively.
- Tenacity and focus to pursue and convert leads and accelerate sales cycles.
- Experience operating in ambiguous environments. Particularly the ability to operate in unfamiliar markets, understand how highly technical offerings can be best positioned and differentiated within them, and learn from technical expert colleagues.
- Intuitive sense in establishing priorities, and executing them with a strong sense of urgency.
- A Ph.D. At least a Master’s degree in Physics/ Engineering with academic pedigree.
Flexibility: We embrace workplace flexibility so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Please note: Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.