Leader of Business Development - Quantum Sensing & Government Engagement (US & UK)
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2023
We hold the key to making quantum useful! Q-CTRL is a company with a deep start-up spirit with offices in Sydney, Los Angeles, Berlin and the UK. Our goal is to revolutionize the quantum future of technology by delivering transformational, real-life outcomes for the world’s most innovative and impactful industry. Simply put, we make quantum technology useful.
We’re led by our values; to be real, be trusted, be just, and be revered. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and how we shape the future of the quantum field. We want the best talent in the world to join our team - from operations, product, design and marketing through to quantum research. So whether you’re a quantum expert or simply unsure where you fit into a business like ours, we want to hear from you!
About the role
You will be responsible for leading all US and UK business development initiatives in Quantum Sensing while furthering broader US Government Engagement (which includes our initiatives in Quantum Computing). In addition to having direct responsibility for sales and business development initiatives, you will provide key input into other functions of the company, including product management and strategic partnerships.
Sensing specific experience: You will have significant experience working with research programs and helping commercialize them. You will develop business with system integrators, and develop relationships with the end users of our Quantum Sensing technology.
Government engagement specific experience: You will have a demonstrated understanding of the structure, processes and operation of the US Government at both federal and state levels. You will have experience building trusted working relationships across government. You will have experience shaping government policy and a good understanding of government grants and other funding processes.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and own a cohesive, deliberate commercialization strategy to commercialize Q-CTRL’s Sensing IP.
- Build trusted partner relationships with potential customers (commercial, government), through regular meetings & attending events.
- Learn about the acquisition programs / grants potential customers are anticipating to announce (government) or to apply for (industry).
- Share accurate and timely information about Q-CTRL’s capability roadmap and progress, and be able to answer basic technical & commercial questions based on supplied collateral.
- Feedback to Product their particular pain points / level of interest / desired features.
- Feedback to Sensing technical questions not covered by the supplied collateral.
- Progress each customer from “Discovery/Relationship” stage to “Scoping/Proposal” stage as appropriate as our capabilities mature and customers need/want to buy, and transition primary relationship to Product at this time.
- Attend major events in jurisdiction.
- Work closely with stakeholders to make critical decisions and priority calls
- Build trusted partnerships with senior decision makers across the US Government.
- Monitor, evaluate and influence US Government regulation, legislation and policy to support and protect Q-CTRL’s interests.
- Identify and secure US Government funding opportunities.
Your qualifications and behavioral attributes (Sensing):
- 10 years in a combination of progressive leadership and operating roles in Sales, Growth and Business Development in growth-stage technology businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or similar field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Must have led previous capture teams.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with current and prospective customers and industry partners to identify new business opportunities, proactively communicate and resolve program issues, and provide strategic direction to program teams.
- They should know target customers across the Air Force’s Command, Control, Communications and Battle management (C3BM) community.
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers.
- Able to work in a fast paced, highly entrepreneurial, and creative environment.
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Can take ownership of customer RFI/ RFP responses and drive to completion without constant input from technical team.
- Can create and tailor product/program briefs for specific customers.
Your qualifications and behavioral attributes (Government Engagement):
- 10 years of experience working in - or working closely with - the US Government, including the military, government departments and Congressional offices.
- The ability to operate with independence and autonomy.
- Demonstrated experience influencing the development, implementation and review of US Government policy, legislation and regulation.
- Thorough understanding of US Government grants and procurement processes.
Flexibility: We embrace workplace flexibility so you worry more about your global impact vs a rigid work schedule.
Attractive salary: You’ll get to live the start-up life without start-up wages.
Equity: We want people to have a sense of ownership in what they do and offer the potential for equity share and annual bonuses.
Resources: We are well funded by the world’s best technology investors, letting us chase our ambitions with minimal constraints.
Parental support: We offer paid parental leave to support you and your loved ones!
Diversity: We’re an equal employment opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion and providing equal opportunities to all, actively supporting initiatives like the ‘Global Women in Quantum’ program among others.
Unique culture: You’ll be surrounded by some of the world’s leading physicists, engineers, product, marketing and design people (to name a few!) with a strong desire to learn and transfer knowledge.
Meaningful values: You’ll work with an incredibly supportive team who work consistently to deliver our core values to be real, be trusted, be just and to be revered.
Personal development: We provide you with a personal development and wellness budget.
Impactful work: Last but not least! You’ll have the opportunity to work in the world’s leading field of technology and truly make an impact that matters!
Q-CTRL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements mentioned in the job posting.
Please be advised that our communications will only come from the @q-ctrl.com domain. All our active job postings are available on our company website.
To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.