Who is Redbubble
As the world's largest marketplace for independent artists, our purpose is to create and inspire new ways of experiencing connection and a sense of belonging for every person. From everyday things, to the very thing, we connect people to millions of designs on any product, on demand.
Welcome to a place that will celebrate your achievements, celebrate you solving the hard problems not just the fixes and celebrate you rapidly getting to the core of the issue rather than striving for the perfect answer.
We are looking for a passionate and pragmatic Data (Software) Engineer to expand our data function and help us improve the core foundations used in many of our customer-facing software applications, internal analytics, software systems and data science projects that drive growth in the Redbubble marketplace.
As we transition to a new Google Analytics 4 view of the world, we will be rebuilding much of our curated software applications and data layer from the ground up. If you’re someone who is passionate about producing software data of enduring, repeatable value and seeing the impact of your work - please read on.
We run lean and flat, where you will have an opportunity to apply your skills across a wide variety of data spanning online/digital, customer/personal, and physical products.
Under our hybrid data function you can expect to spend time working in both embedded product/delivery teams as well as in a central/virtual data team alongside other software engineers as well as data analysts, and data scientists.
- Develop and maintain high-quality, tested, comprehensible, and scalable datasets in an ELT paradigm
- Build and develop moderate volume/complexity data pipelines
- Follow agile system program development and Redubble software engineering practices, including test-driven development, CI/CD, and API/data contracts
- Conduct ad hoc software analysis tasks and support business reporting and dashboards
- Help shape new opportunities by understanding business priorities, communicating software technical options, reporting progress, and learning new technologies
- Assist with system applications incident analysis and prevention
What You’ll Bring:
Our ideal candidate will tick some of the boxes below and be enthusiastic to learn more about those you have less experience in. A mutual team fit and alignment with Redbubble Behaviours that define our culture is most important.
- Hands-on experience with cloud data platforms on GCP and/or AWS, especially BigQuery and Airflow
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Foundations of data design and data modelling principles
- Experience in writing automated tests as part of the development workflow
- Familiarity with streaming data pipelines and architectures using technologies like Kinesis or Kafka
- Experience with Google Analytics data
What We Offer:
- A high trust culture based on mutual respect
- Exposure to independent artists
- Flexible working arrangements
- Personalised career planning
- Opportunity to work in a global organisation
- Equity in your package
- Monthly Wellness allowance
- Vouchers and discounts from our Redbubble website
We’re creatively inspired commerce. And that inspiration starts with you. With your drive for progress over perfection and your courage to come together in celebration of creativity over convention. You’re inspired by art and those who make it, and we’re inspired by you.
Life at Redbubble
Redbubble is a place where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work and to always value creativity and compassion above all else. Having the courage to take risks, speak up, ask for help, and connect with others, is how we accomplish more together.
In the same way that we are deeply committed to unlocking infinite opportunities for artists, their customers and the fulfillers, we are dedicated to providing a truly trusting workplace where you can grow, thrive and boldly aim higher than you previously thought possible.