Director of Product Quality, Safety & Compliance
Who is Redbubble
As the world's largest marketplace for independent artists, our purpose is to create and inspire new ways of experiencing connection and a sense of belonging for every person. From everyday things, to the very thing, we connect people to millions of designs on any product, on demand.
The Director - Product Quality, Safety and Compliance will lead strategy and execution of Redbubble’s Product Quality Program, which includes both product quality and product compliance. This role will ultimately report to the Chief Supply Chain Officer and lead a team of two subject matter experts driving product quality goals. The role is a peer, partner, and support function to Customer Service, Fulfillment, Logistics, Legal, Product Management, and other internal teams to ensure the products sold on Redbubble’s marketplace meet product quality and compliance requirements.
- Develop and execute clear quality strategies and goals that improve the customer experience, with end customers, suppliers, and artists needs measured and managed.
- Directly own annual/quarterly/monthly/weekly reporting to all levels of the organization (Board, Exec, Senior Leaders) on key quality metrics, including product returns, product defects, corrective action plans, and quality testing.
- Manage partnerships with external third-party testing labs and product quality experts.
- Partner with internal teams on budgeting and resource planning to ensure the expectations of the business are appropriately prioritized/funded.
- Inspire a culture of customer obsession by understanding and championing the role quality plays as a direct lever into improving customer experience.
- Execute the social responsibility factory audit program.
- Leverage best practices to continuously explore and implement new systems and technologies whilst finding the balance between achieving quality standards and sustaining profitable growth.
- Ability to periodically travel to fulfiller locations as needed.
What You’ll Bring:
5+ years experience in the following:
- Sole leader directly overseeing product quality management within a global consumer goods/manufacturing supply chain.
- Hiring and leading product quality teams.
- Sole leader directly managing product regulatory standards (ie. CPSIA) and associated testing programs across the US and at least one of the following geographies (CA, UK, EU and AU).
- Leading continuous improvement programs (ISO, Lean Six Sigma, TQM).
Experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Print-on-Demand production processes, including printing of graphics, color matching, and the process of converting digital images through RIP software on physical products.
- Product Lifecycle Management and Recalls tools and processes.
- Strong partnering abilities with all levels, both internally and externally, on developing corrective and preventative actions arising from quality and compliance issues.
- Ability to translate complex product quality information into understandable, actionable insights for internal teams and suppliers.
- Strong quantitative skills, using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions.
What We Offer:
- A high trust culture based on mutual respect
- Exposure to independent artists
- Flexible working arrangements
- Personalised career planning
- Opportunity to work in a global organisation
- Equity in your package
- Monthly Wellness allowance
- Vouchers and discounts from our Redbubble website
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits are offered for employees and dependents at little or no cost to the employee.
- Retirement Savings (401k) matching. 100% of employee contribution up to 5% of salary.
- FSA available for all employees.
We’re creatively inspired commerce. And that inspiration starts with you. With your drive for progress over perfection and your courage to come together in celebration of creativity over convention. You’re inspired by art and those who make it, and we’re inspired by you.
Life at Redbubble
Redbubble is a place where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work and to always value creativity and compassion above all else. Having the courage to take risks, speak up, ask for help, and connect with others, is how we accomplish more together.
In the same way that we are deeply committed to unlocking infinite opportunities for artists, their customers and the fulfillers, we are dedicated to providing a truly trusting workplace where you can grow, thrive and boldly aim higher than you previously thought possible.
We offer competitive compensation because we want to hire the best people and reward them for their contributions to our mission. We pay all employees relative to the San Francisco City market, regardless of their location. In pursuit of pay equity and fairness, the starting annual base salary for this position is anticipated to be $175k - $186k. The final offer may be determined by a number of non discriminatory factors, including experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. All employees may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as stock-based compensation, which are awarded to employees annually, subject to board discretion.