Carbon Protocol Lead
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Carbon Protocol Lead
Who We Are:We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agri-food industry. Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals. We're backed by leading investors, such as Galvanize Climate Solutions, Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies, and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Our Mission: Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there. Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 200 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
As a Carbon Protocol Lead at Regrow, you will work with Regrow’s Science, Engineering, and Customer Success teams as well as external clients and partners to ensure that Regrow’s Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification product delivers value to Regrow’s customers. Using your project management, data analysis, and agricultural carbon expertise, you will enable and streamline the third-party verification of projects run by Regrow’s customers.
What you will do:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the development and verification of agricultural carbon projects under third-party standards like VCS, CAR, and SustainCert.
- Translate third-party carbon protocols into clear, programmable logic for Regrow’s Science, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Work with Regrow’s Customer Success and Solutions Engineering teams to prepare and support customers through the third-party verification process by responding to findings raised by project auditors.
- Partner with third-party standards to advocate for and advance digital verification processes that reduce the time and costs of audits while preserving scientific rigor.
- 2+ years of experience developing and/or monitoring carbon projects on farm and ranchland.
- Master’s Degree or above in environmental science, ecology, soil science, or a related discipline.
- Intimate familiarity with the technical requirements of agricultural methodologies published by third-party carbon standards (i.e. VCS VM0042 and CAR SEP).
- Experience with data analysis and presentation in Excel, R, or Python.
- Excellent attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to independently solve complex problems.
- Excellent English language presentation and communication skills, especially for presenting technical data to non-technical audiences.
Desireable Skills (Bonus if you have them)
- Experience collecting and managing soil sampling data, ideally for use in carbon projects.
- Experience using process-based biogeochemical models like DayCent and DNDC, ideally for use in carbon projects.
- Familiarity with corporate sustainability landscape (i.e. GHG Protocol, SBTi) and reporting best practices.
- Political savviness and relationship-building skills.
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow. While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.
See more open positions at Regrow Ag
Something looks off?