Senior Platform Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Senior Platform Engineer - US Time Zones
Team: Platform Engineering
Location: Remote - US Time Zones
Who We Are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By ushering the agriculture industry into the new era!
Founded by globally recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — supporting industry leaders, from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, remote sensing and AI to deliver customized, site-specific, scalable solutions to the agri-food industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech (Cargill, General Mills, Nutrien, Unilever), ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Galvanize Climate Solutions, Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), TIME Ventures, Main Sequence Ventures (MSEQ), and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there. Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 1.2B acres of land (10% of global arable land). This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
How you'll make an impact at Regrow
Regrow is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to assist in the design and implementation of our Internal Developer Platform. This role will work closely with our Engineering, Data Science, and Product teams to ensure that we provide golden paths, standards, and consistent toolchains that drive reliability, security, scale, and cost awareness in meaningful ways. The ideal candidate has a solid foundation in Platform Engineering, SRE, or DevOps methodologies and understands the process and value of enabling developers to successfully build and operate their own services in production.
What you will do:
- Operate and manage our existing cloud infrastructure through a period of high-scale growth
- Improve our observability stack
- Provide consistent, standardized toolchains in CI and Delivery
- Mentor and assist Engineering with identifying and tracking SLOs and other key service metrics
- Enhance and maintain our security posture and footprint
- Participate in an on-call rotation and incident management processes
- Demonstrable experience with Public Cloud (GCP/AWS/Azure) best practices (networking, security, cost reporting, operational excellence, etc)
- Deep experience architecting and operating containerized infrastructure (Kubernetes, Nomad, etc)
- Experience building out Observability systems (metrics, logs, traces with dashboarding and alert configuration)
- Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform, etc) or Infrastructure-as-Software (Pulumi, CDK, etc)
- Experience managing a CI/CD platform (e.g. Github Actions) and supporting developers to own their pipelines
- Experience with MLOps and Data Pipelines is preferred
- Experience or understanding of modern web technologies (API Gateways/HTTP/TLS//PKI/Proxies/CDN)
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.