Product Design Manager
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-led SAAS company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. Our mission is to help solve the challenges faced in an increasingly distributed workforce, our technology platform and products give front line workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions when driving safety, quality and continuous improvement.
Our Product Design team ensures SafetyCultures products address meaningful, important problems, solving these problems in intuitive and innovative ways. Our team advocates for simple products from a deep understanding of user needs, constantly striving for consistency, usability, and delight.
We’re looking for a human-centred product design manager who will coach, grow and mentor a quickly growing and highly skilled group of designers. We are in the pursuit of world-class design, and you will get to both strengthen your hard-earned experience and build your skills in an organization where your area of work is highly valued.
You’ll have the opportunity to help lead our Product Design strategy to the next level, you’ll guide & shape processes for how the team works & build an environment where every designer thrives. We are building something special here at SafetyCulture & want leaders who can contribute & help us make our dream a reality. You will be undeniably passionate about making people better; provide support & guidance to your team in constructive ways that engage, energise, and enable their design practise.
How you will spend your time
- Manage the day-to-day operations, delivery & enablement of a product design area which will be made up of 3-5 product designers. Providing clarity, creative confidence & support to your team
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product group in partnership with product managers, engineers & design leadership to ensure we are delivering the best possible experiences for our customers
- Manage your design teams performance, workload, & career development, ensuring designers are passionate about the work they are doing in an environment & space where they can thrive
- You have 2-5 years experience in managing a team of designers
- Passion for identifying and solving user problems
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic & critical thinking in a pair with mental flexibility & openness
- Ability to measure & clearly articulate the value of design within the company
- Skills to manage stakeholders, team, projects, and resources
- Provide design critique & reviews in a supportive & constructive way
- Demonstrated discovery skills & understanding of HCD methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship building & stakeholder management skills
- A self starter, showing initiative & good people management skills
- Curiosity & a willingness to lean into a complex domain & problems alongside design team
- Experience leading product direction & strategic thinking with the ability to develop product goals, identify opportunities, & make decisions based on the impact to people & the company
- You have strong experience working closely with engineers & other designers in cross functional teams to deliver design excellence
- Strong communicator with proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful insights & ideas with the team & wider stakeholder groups
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at SafetyCulture
Something looks off?