VP, Data Analytics
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
SafetyCulture is a customer and product led SaaS company with the purpose of helping frontline teams get better every day.
We are building a mobile-first operations platform that gives workers a voice, and leaders visibility, to make better decisions in the workplace every day. Our mission is to unite teams to become a force for improvement in any organisation.
Headquartered in Sydney, SafetyCulture has six offices around the world and over 70,000 customers.
We are seeking an exceptional Vice President of Data Analytics with a passion for product development and a track record of turning data insights into successful products. The ideal candidate is someone who can use data to identify customer needs and preferences, and who can work collaboratively with data specialists, product managers and engineers to design, build, and launch innovative products that delight our customers and drive growth.
- You have significant experience as a data analytics leader, with a track record of successfully building and scaling data teams and turning data insights into successful products.
- You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and can inspire and motivate teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- You have a passion for product development and are customer-focused, with a deep understanding of customer needs and preferences.
- You are a mentor and coach who is committed to developing talent and fostering a culture of learning and growth within the data team.
- You have sound business acumen and can use data to drive decision-making and improve business outcomes.
- You are a collaborative business partner who can work effectively with cross-functional teams, build strong relationships and drive alignment towards common goals.
- You are a problem solver who can navigate complex data challenges and drive solutions that deliver measurable business impact.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and are comfortable navigating ambiguity and driving results in high growth environments.
How you will spend your time:
- Lead and oversee the overall vision, strategy, and execution of the data analytics team, ensuring alignment with organisational goals and objectives.
- Building, developing and rapidly scaling a team of data scientists, analysts, and engineers.
- Advocating and representing the data team at the Senior Leadership and Board level as a strategic decision-making arm for the business.
- Using data to drive decision-making, build excellent product features and improve business outcomes.
- Collaborate and work closely with other departments in the company such as product development, engineering, marketing, and customer support to ensure that data is being used effectively to drive results.
- Full responsibility for the completeness and integrity of SafetyCulture's data, ensuring that the company's data is accurate and reliable. This might involve data quality checks, monitoring data pipelines, maintenance and troubleshooting data issues.
- Delivering high impact projects that give measurable business outcomes.
- Identifying opportunities to productise data and leverage data assets to improve new and existing features that delight our customers.
More than a job!
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office;
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities;
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns;
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite
- Table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly office
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.