Data Analytics - Team Lead
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-led SAAS company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. Our technology platform and products give front line workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions in driving safety, quality and efficiency improvements.
At SafetyCulture, we’re solving problems that fundamentally change the way people work. Recently valued at AU$2.2Bn, we’re expanding into sensors/IoT and telematics and evolving into a communication and collaboration platform. With an ambitious goal to have 100 million workers using our products every day, we’re facing interesting technical challenges and looking for talented people to join our team.
As part of the Internal Analytics team, you’ll use your skills to help us understand what’s working for our customers, what’s not, and what we need to do next to improve our products and grow our business.
Working as a Senior Data Analyst you will provide reliable and accurate data-based insights to understand business performance and drive improvements.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate and partner with stakeholders to gather business requirements
- Identify and analyze business processes and procedures and recommend optimal solutions for continuous improvement
- Analyze and investigate data to provide solutions for ensuring quality and reliability of systems across the business
- Develop project plan and timelines and plan workforce using project management methodologies
- Develop system specifications and requirements using data modeling techniques to be consumed by software developers and engineers for the development of system software
- Coordinate and coach a team of analysts, align with stakeholders, and organize strategy in your particular area
- Create and maintain documentation and definitions of disparate systems used across the business and provide guidance to different stakeholders
- Create documentation and training collateral, and conduct training sessions
What you’ll need
- Experience in leading analysts and cross-functional projects
- Strong competency in databases, system architecture, process modeling, and project management
- Strong communication and senior stakeholder management skills with ability to regularly influence and guide decisions
- High level of comfort with ambiguity, and ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment in which you rapidly adapt and learn for any given business problem
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, and experience in proactively and creatively driving systems improvements and efficiencies
- Tertiary education in IT, Computer Science, or Business Systems
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have roughly 400 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors, and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
At SafetyCulture, we’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture that has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US, and the UK.
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture Crew we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at SafetyCulture
Something looks off?