Accounts Receivable Officer
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
SafetyCulture is an Australian-based, international tech scale-up. We create SaaS solutions that empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
The SC app was launched in 2012 to solve a global problem. Reduce workplace injuries and help frontline workers get home safely to their families. Fast forward 7 years, and we have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month. We’re excited to have a largely untapped global market and ambitious goals to reach 100 million workers. We’re looking for talented and mission-driven people to drive that growth.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Accounts Receivable Manager, this position is perfect for an individual looking to take the next step and expand their previous experience in accounts receivable in an ambitious company. Your key responsibilities will include managing the Group’s debtors ledger, debt collections and solving incoming customer queries. These responsibilities provide the candidate with a great opportunity to gain exposure to the wider finance function and build a strong foundation for future career progression. The ideal candidate must have great communication skills,an eye for detail, good time management, be keen to learn and enjoy the challenge of problem solving.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for on-time debt collectionsManage the Group’s debtors ledger for accuracy
- Maintaining a healthy debtor aging, specifically focusing on invoices 90+ days overdue
- Resolve external and internal customer queries relating to overdue payments, in a professional and timely manner
- Manage the accuracy of debtor's transactions and balances on a monthly basis
- Perform system and customer account reconciliations
- Assist with end-of-month duties where applicable and take on additional tasks when necessary
What do I need?
- A Finance related degree(preferred)
- Ability to follow and understand workflows between functions and systems.
- Tangible examples of a customer-first mindset
- Ability to problem solve and think ‘outside of the box’‘
- Can do attitude who is looking to grow their depth and breadth of skills and experience
- Microsoft Excel skills (preferred)Experience in SaaS, specifically, relating to subscriptions and billing (preferred).
- Experience in NetSuite and Ariba (preferred).
More than a job! We look after our people through:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- With flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities; Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns
- Annual Shiplt global offsite
-We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
We are located on the 27th Floor SM Aura Office Tower, 26th Street corner McKinley Parkway, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Situated in the heart of the premier business district of Manila, a variety of malls, restaurants, cafes, and fast food joints are easily accessible and within walking distance from our office.
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester, Amsterdam and Manila.
Our first product, the SC app, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact this app can have on their teams and performance every day. Today there are more than 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have roughly 400 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
At SafetyCulture, we respect and appreciate what makes each of our team members different in terms of gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability or sexual orientation. We unite to support one another as allies and we take deliberate steps to ensure that our people feel like they belong and can thrive at work each day.
See more open positions at SafetyCulture
Something looks off?