Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
SafetyCulture is a customer and product led SaaS company with the purpose of helping frontline teams get better every day.
We are building a mobile-first operations platform that gives workers a voice, and leaders visibility, to make better decisions in the workplace every day. Our mission is to unite teams to become a force for improvement in any organisation.
Headquartered in Sydney, SafetyCulture has six offices around the world and over 70,000 customers.
As we continue to rapidly scale a newly created opportunity has arisen for a hands-on and commercially astute Corporate Counsel to join our growing Legal team.
Working across the entire SafetyCulture group, you will partner closely with other teams where you will play the role of trusted advisor to your stakeholders.
Reporting to our Head of Legal, this is a unique and fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate to grow their career with a Global SaaS business.
- Admitted for the right to practise in Australia, you ideally have 1 - 2 years experience in a top-tier private practice environment.
- A passion for dealing with people and building relationships that enhance the reputation of the Legal Team.
- Clear articulation and delivery of messages in a easily digestible format.
- Ability to think on your feet with sound judgement.
- Ability to work independently.
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience handling contract negotiations.
- Experience working for a global company/private practice, working across timezones and with remote teams.
- Experience in implementation of privacy regulation, in particular in the context of a business with customers in the US, UK, EU, Asia Pacific and South America.
How you will spend your time:
- You will operate across all of SafetyCulture's business units (including SaaS solutions, an eCommerce marketplace and insurance).
- Negotiating agreements with SafetyCulture's enterprise customers.
- Reviewing and revising standard terms and conditions.
- Education of SafetyCulture's Sales Team on contract terms and other legal issues.
- Monitoring and digesting legislative and regulatory changes and providing practical advice to the business on these matters.
- Developing template documents that are commonly used within the business.
- Reviewing and negotiating supply agreements.
- Ongoing management of, and advice in relation to, SafetyCulture's IP portfolio.
- Reviewing and negotiating events-related contracts.
- Ad hoc assistance with investments, funding rounds and SafetyCulture's Employee Share Schemes.
More than a job:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary.
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office.
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities.
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns.
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy.
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite.
- On-site gym,Table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices.
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.