Accounting & Finance
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
SafetyCulture is a customer and product led SaaS company with the purpose of helping frontline teams get better every day.
We are building a mobile-first operations platform that gives workers a voice, and leaders visibility, to make better decisions in the workplace every day. Our mission is to unite teams to become a force for improvement in any organisation.
Headquartered in Sydney, SafetyCulture has six offices around the world and over 70,000 customers.
We have a newly created role for a Financial Accountant to join our growing finance team. This role will be embedded in the team in a fast pace and fast growing environment. This role will also be involved in a wide variety of projects around process improvement and transformation as we continue to grow.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience working at the headquarters of a fast growing tech company with huge exposure and opportunity to make and support decisions that have a big impact on the growth of the business.
- You are a CA/CPA qualified Accountant
- You bring a number of years work experience in a commercial Insurance business or financial practice working with Insurance clients;
- You show up with a proactive and enthusiastic attitude with a focus on making things better;
- You have a proven ability to communicate effectively with both finance and business stakeholders;
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action);
- A growth mindset and focus on continuous improvement;
- Experience driving excellence and best practice.
How you will spend your time
- Managing all financial accounting from income statement and balance sheet accounts and related processes such as revenue, OPEX, fixed assets, prepayments and intercompany transfers;
- Processing month-end journals and assisting with month-end close;
- Preparing reporting for month-end and collaborate with other team across Sales and Marketing;
- Working with external auditors and tax advisors;
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement, standardisation and/or automation;
- Business partnering with various teams across the Group;
- Ad-hoc involvement in wider finance team projects.
More than a job! We look after our people through:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary;
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office;
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities;
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns;
- Annual Shiplt global offsite;
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
Surry Hills HQ benefits
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks;
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages;
- Quarterly celebrations and team events;
- Table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly office.
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.