Sales and Underwriting Support
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
SafetyCulture is an Australian-based, international tech scale-up. We create SaaS solutions that empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing.
The SC app was launched in 2012 to solve a global problem. Reduce workplace injuries and help frontline workers get home safely to their families. Fast forward 7 years, and we have hundreds of thousands of workers in over 150 countries using our platform, conducting millions of inspections every month. We’re excited to have a largely untapped global market and ambitious goals to reach 100 million workers. We’re looking for talented and mission-driven people to drive that growth.
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to Sales and Underwriting team members of SC Care to enable those team members to focus on business acquisition technical underwriting and risk assessment
Key Responsibility Area
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and product knowledge.
- Maintain accurate records of client interactions and transactions.
- Creating & maintaining files
- Data entry
- Pre-renewal preparation
- Broker & Customer Admin Ad-hoc tasks
- Create and maintain files for reuse
- Entry of policy and claims data processing of endorsement / mid-term alterations of policies
- Completing Certificates of Currency in standardized templates
- Populating pre-renewal cases for policies in preparation for Underwriter risk assessments
- Populating per-renewal survey requests for policies
- Inviting customers to create SC App accounts, and access SC tools
- Following up survey recommendations with brokers
- Monitoring group email inboxes and assigning items to Underwriters
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks as required from time to time by SC Care
- Google Sheets, Excel, Confluence pages, and Google Docs files
- Policy Admin System
- Care Portal, Tableau, GMail
- G-Suite, Excel, Confluence, Policy Admin System, Care Portal
- Attention to detail
- Good typing skills
- Learning agility
- Competent written English
- Excellent English communication skills
- knowledge of the commercial insurance lifecycle
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a related field.
2. Proven experience in sales and underwriting, preferably in the insurance or financial services industry.
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
6. Knowledge of underwriting principles and practices is a plus.
7. Proficiency in using the mentioned software and other relevant tools.
8. Willing to work in a hybrid set-up (2-3days per week onsite)
We are located on the 27th Floor SM Aura Office Tower, 26th Street corner McKinley Parkway, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Situated in the heart of the premier business district of Manila, a variety of malls, restaurants, cafes, and fast food joints are easily accessible and within walking distance from our office.
SafetyCulture is a customer and product-driven company with an ambitious mission: empower front line workers to drive operational excellence and take ownership of their safety and wellbeing. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester, Amsterdam and Manila.
Our first product, the SC app, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact this app can have on their teams and performance every day. Today there are more than 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. We now have roughly 400 mission-obsessed people driving outcomes for our customers. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised more than $150 million in funding, which will be used to evolve the product into an alerts platform for distributed teams, and expansion into insurance, sensors and IoT, and telematics for fleets. The goal is to have 100 million people using our products every day.
At SafetyCulture, we respect and appreciate what makes each of our team members different in terms of gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability or sexual orientation. We unite to support one another as allies and we take deliberate steps to ensure that our people feel like they belong and can thrive at work each day.