Accounting & Finance
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
SafetyCulture is a customer and product led SaaS company with the purpose of helping frontline teams get better every day.
We are building a mobile-first operations platform that gives workers a voice, and leaders visibility, to make better decisions in the workplace every day. Our mission is to unite teams to become a force for improvement in any organisation.
Headquartered in Sydney, SafetyCulture has six offices around the world and over 70,000 customers.
As the VP of Finance you will play an integral role in the delivery of core financial solutions to our business. Leading a high performing global finance team, you will embed the value proposition of finance as a function, continuously striving for efficiency and understanding as a core business partner.
Reporting to the CFO, you will oversee global financial operations, financial accounting, manage financial planning and analysis, and provide strategic guidance to drive SafetyCulture’s ongoing growth and profitability.
As someone who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done, you will take a hands-on approach to understand the business, ensuring alignment between finance and company goals as you strive to create exceptional finance partnership experiences that drive impact and commercial value.
What will I be doing?
- Develop and execute a comprehensive financial strategy that aligns with SafetyCulture’s mission and objectives, ensuring financial sustainability and growth.
- Oversee budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis, providing insights and recommendations to support decision-making.
- Lead the preparation of financial statements, reports, and presentations, delivering critical information to the executive team and stakeholders.
- Manage and mentor a high-performing finance team, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation.
- Foster relationships with investors and financial institutions, facilitating transparency and open communication.
What do I need?
- 7 + years leading finance teams - background could be from accounting, financial services, investment banking or consulting
- CA or CPA qualified (preferred)
- Strong understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities that come with scaling a high growth tech business.
- Experience in M&A activities and ability to lead IPO readiness workstreams; Desirable
- Responsible for Budgeting and Forecasting
- Board ReportingComfortable with ambiguity, able to identify and pursue new growth opportunities;
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain successful stakeholder relationshipsOutstanding written and verbal communication and attention to detail
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, growth oriented scale-up
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate SafetyCulture’s values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
More than a Job
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary.
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office.
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities.
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns.
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy.
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite.
- On-site gym,Table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices.
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.