Marketing & Communications
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
Come join this completely new team as we build out SafetyCulture Care within SafetyCulture. A risk-led Insurance Agency that is helping companies that stand to benefit from the unique product offering of SC Care to empower them to run better, safer business. By leveraging data insights from SafetyCulture tools, we help businesses become smarter and reward those who are actively managing their risk exposure.
Are you a Development Underwriter looking for your next challenge? Buckle up and get ready to make your mark with SafetyCulture Care as we redefine the limits of what's possible in the insurance industry!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Underwriter to join our team. You will be underwriting complex risks, building strong relationships with clients and brokers and contributing to the continued expansion of our business.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a deep understanding of underwriting principles and want to be part of a team that is changing the way insurance is done, this could be the role for you!
What will I be doing?
- Underwriting complex risks in accordance with defined limits of authority, organisational policy and underwriting standards
- Monitoring and reviewing underwriting standards, procedures and variations from proposal standards
- Underwriting activities in compliance with business and regulatory requirements
- Responding to queries in a timely and professional manner in line with agreed service standards
- Providing exceptional service to our customers through various mediums
- Maintaining compliance requirements and individual accreditation levels
- Developing and maintaining long term relationships
- Coordinating and providing guidance and support to policyholders
- Providing relevant feedback to internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting other areas of the business unit to achieve agreed targets
What do I need?
- Minimum 2 years experience as a development underwriter, preferably working in commercial insurance lines
- Team Player - you work effectively with cross-functional teams and can manage tasks and interests from many stakeholder groups
- Motivation to expand, learn and grow with a high-performing team
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Proactive, collaborative, and resilient
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement
- Encourage and promote knowledge sharing and learning
More than a job:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite
- On-site gym, table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture Crew we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.