Customer Support Team Leader
Kansas City, MO, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
SafetyCulture is a global, product-led SaaS company with the mission of helping distributed working teams get better every day.
We are building a mobile-first operations platform that gives workers a voice, and leaders visibility, to make better decisions in the workplace every day. Our mission is to unite teams to become a force for improvement in any organisation.
Headquartered in Sydney, SafetyCulture has six offices around the world and over 70,000 customers.
- It’s all about the customer experience! As a Support Team leader, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our fantastic support team on the ground, making sure the team embodies our #ThinkCustomer obsession! You’ll do this by communicating and implementing organizational goals, providing guidance and mentoring on how to meet individual and team OKRs (Objective & Key Results), driving initiatives that focus on improving the customer support experience, all while championing our SafetyCulture values!
- We’re big on developing our people too! A big part of your role involves continually fostering an environment of learning & development via one-to-one coaching sessions based on our Quality Assurance framework and skill improvement needs of your team members - so we can strive to be #BetterasaTeam.
- You will also get a chance to learn and collaborate with a global team of support leaders who share the same passion for providing world-class customer service!We have a preference for proactive and results-driven individuals that live and breathe our #BeBoldBringAction value! As such, you will be expected to regularly propose best practices and/or process improvements to the global support leadership team, help with the hiring process to ensure we tap talent with the best cultural fit, and keep management updated on team performance, areas for improvement and initiatives to help drive peak performance.
- Radical candor is the name of the game! In line with #OpenHonestAlways, you are a feedback champion and use your incredible people skills to partner with different business units and key stakeholders to discuss customer challenges, product improvement, and removing roadblocks to ensure the customer journey is an exceptional one.
What you'll need
- Mentor, guide and challenge individuals in the support team to do the best work of their lives
- Monitor the daily activities of your team, drive effective 1:1s and quality assessments
- Keeps track of individual and team performances based on set OKRs and adherence to SafetyCulture’s regulations as stipulated on the Code of Conduct
- Partner with the Talent team to attract, and recruit Support Analysts during periods of growth
- Set team and individual goals and inspire a culture of continuous improvement
- Create and implement process improvement initiatives that impact team efficiency
- Use internal reporting to identify opportunities for improving performance and productivity
- Cascade product and process updates to your team and explain the impact to customers
- Think outside the box and partner with global leaders to develop and execute support strategy
- Manage customer escalations from time to time
- Champions continuous improvement by recommending process changes if/when necessary, and works on areas for improvement by participating in learning initiatives offered by the organization either internally or externally
- Participates in the hiring process for Customer Experience headcount needs
What you’ll need
- At least 2 years leadership experience preferably in a Customer Support environment
- Exposure to quality management systems to help drive CSAT, QA, and NPS scores
- Passion for delivering great customer experience every single time
- A people-first approach to leadership and providing coaching and development
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to build collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- An active listener who understands customer pain points and takes action
- The ability to look for big ideas that can create value for customers
- Attention to detail to determine the source of a problem and find an effective solution
- Responsiveness a switched-on attitude to communication on all channels in a timely manner
Nice to have
- The ability to interact with teams at SafetyCulture in varying levels of technical and non-technical conversations
- An understanding of SaaS ideally gained in a commercial environment
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Kustomer and Salesforce
- The ability to travel twice a year
- Fluent in a second language
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone. For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or dhs.gov/e-verify