Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Kansas City, MO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
SafetyCulture is a global, product-led SaaS company with the mission of helping distributed working teams get better every day.
We are building a mobile-first operations platform that gives workers a voice, and leaders visibility, to make better decisions in the workplace every day. Our mission is to unite teams to become a force for improvement in any organisation.
Headquartered in Sydney, SafetyCulture has six offices around the world and over 70,000 customers.
As we continue to grow, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, customer centric and driven Business Development representative to join our Sales team.
As Business Development Representative you will follow up warm leads with customers who have already expressed an interest in our product with a demonstrated shared passion for our mission to drive better quality and safer work practices globally, you will build close relationships with our customers and be the ultimate brand ambassador.
This is an opportunity to pursue a career in a product led sales environment where you will be speaking to customers daily and helping get the maximum value from the use of our platforms. With hands-on training and mentorship, you will be coached on how to have a consultative approach to business development while learning from top performing leaders and peers.
What do I need?
- You’re resilient and objection handling is one of your strengths
- You’re inquisitive, you know how to ask the right question to get to the root of a problem
- You are obsessed with solving customer problems, and have a track record of going above and beyond for customers
- Team focused! You will work collaboratively with your team and stakeholders
- Ambitious! You want to excel and are super excited about having a career in tech sales.
- Experience prospecting new leads from creative sources desirable (Not essential)
How will I spend my time?
- Educate our customers on all things SafetyCulture
- Prospect for new customers and qualify opportunities for Account Executives and Account Managers, driving pipeline and growing SafetyCulture’s customer base
- You will become a product expert, articulating how iAuditor can help solve our customers problems
- Uncover customer needs and pain points through smart questioning and conduct the initial phone conversation with prospective customers
- Equity with high growth potential and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- Generous Medical Insurance plans
- In-house Chef serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacksWellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services
- Paid Parental Leave
- The work we do has real purpose, we are working to improve how millions of front line workers and leaders do their jobs every day and getting them home safely
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns;
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
- Freshly brewed coffee, beers, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages
- Quarterly celebrations and team events
- Pickle Ball Court, modern workspace and pet-friendly office
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. E-Verify Works for Everyone. For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or dhs.gov/e-verify