Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
As SafetyCulture continues to rapidly scale a newly created opportunity has arisen for a hands on and creative Product Design Lead to join our Design team in SC Training.
We’re looking for a human-centred Product Design Lead who will coach, grow and mentor a quickly growing and highly skilled group of designers. We are in the pursuit of world-class design, and you will get to both strengthen your hard-earned experience and build your skills in an organisation where your area of work is highly valued.
You’ll have the opportunity to help lead our Product Design strategy to the next level, you’ll guide & shape processes for how the team works & build an environment where every designer thrives. We are building something special here at SafetyCulture & want leaders who can contribute & help us make our dream a reality.
You will be undeniably passionate about making people better; you provide support & guidance to your team in constructive ways that engage, energise, and enable their design practise.
- You'll have 2-5 years experience in managing a team of designers
- Passion for identifying and solving user problems
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic & critical thinking
- Ability to measure & clearly articulate the value of design within the company
- Skills to manage stakeholders, team, projects, and resources
- Provide design critique & reviews in a supportive & constructive way
- Demonstrated discovery skills & understanding of HCD methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship building & stakeholder management skills
- A self starter, showing initiative & good people management skills
- Curiosity & a willingness to lean into a complex domain & problems alongside design team
- Experience leading product direction & strategic thinking with the ability to develop product goals, identify opportunities, & make decisions based on the impact to people & the company
- You'll have strong of experience working closely with engineers & other designers in cross functional teams to deliver design excellence
- You’re a strong communicator with proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful insights & ideas with the team & wider stakeholder groups
How you will spend your time:
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product group in partnership with product managers, engineers & design leadership to ensure we are delivering the best possible experiences for our customers
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to define design requirements and develop product roadmaps
- Create/code prototypes, wireframes and high-fidelity designs to ensure application performs to specification
- Conduct user research and usability testing to identify user needs, pain points, and opportunities for improvement
- Contribute to our design system to ensure consistency and scalability across our platform
- Manage your design teams performance, workload, & career development, ensuring designers are passionate about the work they are doing in an environment & space where they can thrive
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends, tools, and technologies, and share your knowledge with the broader team
More than a job:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite
- On-site gym, table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.