Risk & Compliance Officer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Come join this completely new team as we build out SafetyCulture Care within SafetyCulture. A risk-led Insurance Agency that is helping companies that stand to benefit from the unique product offering of SC Care to empower them to run better, safer business. By leveraging data insights from SafetyCulture tools, we help businesses become smarter and reward those who are actively managing their risk exposure.
Are you a Risk and Compliance Officer looking for your next challenge? Buckle up and get ready to make your mark with SafetyCulture Care as we redefine the limits of what's possible in the insurance industry!
At SafetyCulture Care, we’re reimagining the insurance industry. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to establish your career with a global technology business where you can truly make an impact.
A newly created opportunity has arisen for an experienced Risk and Compliance Officer to join our growing team. In this role you will be responsible for monitoring, conducting, managing and reporting on risk and compliance activities related to regulatory and carrier obligations.
You will implement and maintain risk management and compliance frameworks, facilitate training workshops and take a proactive role to ensure all SafetyCulture Care employees are knowledgeable about risk management. Your hands on and collaborative approach will see you uplift capability as we continue to scale global operations.
What will I be doing?
- Proactively implement and maintain risk management and compliance frameworks
- Case manage risk and compliance incidents and issues and maintain risk and compliance related registers
- Develop and maintain the Compliance Obligation.
- Uplift, assurance and maintenance of the risk & incident management registers.
- Assist and support General Management to ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with various rules and regulations.
- Conduct and coordinate risk and compliance monitoring activities to ensure standards and legislative compliance obligations are being met
- Lead periodic risk and compliance workshops, assessments and audits
- Maintain and ensure testing of business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Implement and maintain effective monitoring of vendors
- Implement and conduct and/or coordinate quality assurance reviews for key functions, including underwriting, claims, finance and regulatory & carrier reporting
- Coordinate risks and compliance committee meetings
- Report on risk and compliance matters to management and directors
What do I need?
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks, ASIC obligations related to Australian Financial Services License holders and vendor contract concepts and vendor monitoring concepts
- Knowledge of the Australian insurance or financial services market regulatory environment
- A demonstrated ability to interpret legislative and professional standards;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 2+ years risk and compliance experience
- A background in facilitating risk workshops and training sessions
- Significant and effective stakeholder management coupled with well-developed problem solving and research abilities.
- Experience in WHS Consultancy and dangerous Goods, hazardous management, and asbestos material assessments (desirable not mandatory)
- Enjoy being part of a high-achieving team
- Customer first approach
At SafetyCulture, we care about people and growing the team, through:
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- The work we do has real purpose, we are working to improve how millions of front line workers and leaders do their jobs every day and getting them home safely
- Hybrid working arrangementsGenerous
- Paid Parental Leave and Wellbeing initiatives
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns;In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shipit event
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture Crew we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.