Security Engineer II
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2021
At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Recently valued at AU$2.7Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
As we continue to scale, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Security Engineer II to join our Foundational Engineering team. The ideal person should bring experience around Cloud and IT Security, with a track record of working within engineering teams to ensure secure code, functions, and architecture are delivered.
We use a modern technology stack including;
Infrastructure: AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, Terraform
Back end: Golang and Node.js
Front end: React.js
How you will spend your time:
- Identify and correct security misconfigurations in AWS accounts
- Perform log analysis to detect and respond to security events
- Participate in security assessments of networks, systems and applications delivered internally and externally
- Manage and, where possible, automate security controls and reporting (vulnerability management, system hardening, logging and monitoring, system integrity, honeypots, source code reviews)
- Review and recommend technical and non-technical improvements to system and network security controls
- Provide support to business stakeholders with security-related inquiries
- Create and update documentation
What you'll need:
- AWS-based infrastructure and services knowledge
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines and ways of implementing security inspections
- Familiarity with security assurance, security analysis, vulnerability management, system hardening programs
- Passion for security and automation
- Be able to work autonomously as part of a global team
Some experience that's nice to have:
- Kubernetes knowledge
- System administration and/or software engineering background (Node.js / GO or Python)
- Experience working with the CrowdStrike suite of tools
- Experience securing corporate IT systems such as Okta, GSuite, Kandji & InTune
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible and Terraform
More than a job!
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office;
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities;
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns;
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks;
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages;
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy;
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite;
- On-site gym,Table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices.
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.