Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2021
At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Recently valued at AU$2.7Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in our Foundational Engineering team, you’ll work across a team of co-located Software Engineers to build the infrastructure architecture required to run the SafetyCulture platform.
Your goal will be the deployment, management and configuration of our infrastructure on AWS. Developing fast and efficient automated workflows are essential. The key to this role is an 'infrastructure as code' approach to managing our distributed and rapidly evolving architecture that requires as little manual intervention as possible.
How you will spend your time
- Building a scalable, fault-tolerant and cost-effective architecture
- Working with, but not limited to, Kubernetes, Prometheus, CI/CD practices as well as build technologies, such as Buildkite
- Automating everything (we use Terraform, Python, Bash to name a few)
- Assisting teams across the entirety of our engineering stack. Implementing best practices in security and risk mitigation
- Working very closely with software engineers to provide guidance about architectural patterns and goals
- Writing Node.js, Python or Golang application code to truly break down all walls between dev and ops
What you'll need
- Experience with deployment and management of servers, services and networking (on AWS or similar environments)
- An 'infrastructure as code' approach to managing infrastructure
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Strong configuration management, CI and CD experience
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or GoLang
- Experience managing and operating Kubernetes clusters
- Experience managing and utilising AWS services like EC2, S3, VPCs in large organisations
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Experience operating microservice applications
Some experience that's nice to have
- Experience applying software delivery practices to infrastructure and operations (Site Reliability Engineering) would be an advantage
- Experience with GitOps, such as ArgoCD and/or Flux
- Experience managing a Service Mesh enabled Kubernetes clusters
More than a job
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office;
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities;
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns;
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks;
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages;
- Wellbeing initiatives such as subsidised fitness programs, EAP services and generous parental leave policy;
- Quarterly celebrations and team events, including the annual Shiplt global offsite;
- On-site gym,Table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly offices.
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.