Staff Software Engineer - Frontend
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2022
At SafetyCulture, we help businesses get better everyday. As the operational heartbeat of working teams, our technology gives workers a voice and leaders the visibility to make smart decisions. We’re constantly evolving our platform, expanding into sensors/IoT, Scalable and Event-Driven Architecture to name a few, but we believe there’s more to be done.
Recently valued at AU$2.7Bn, we’re investing our resources into creating and shaping a better workplace for all. We are growing fast and looking for talented, self-motivated people that value collaboration, growth and learning to join our team.
The tech stack
We use a modern technology stack including Swift/Kotlin/C++ (mobile); React.js (front end); Go (back end); AWS/Kafka/Kubernetes (infrastructure)
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll be empowered to manage complex architectural decisions and drive change. You’ll own the delivery of practical solutions to solve real-world problems for customers, with the knowledge that what you build has an immediate positive impact.
You’ll face exciting technical challenges as we scale, and be an integral part of the engineering team. High-performing teams here own their services, and you’re trusted to build and run a system that serves hundreds of thousands of users while transforming it into a system that will serve millions of users in the near future. We empower engineers to learn new skills and use technology to solve customer problems, including initiatives in IoT, and event-driven architecture.
How you can have an impact
Be recognised as an expert in relevant technologies to the role, and have influence over the direction of the team and function. Improve others’ ability to deliver great work and drive initiatives focused on release safety, repeatability, and improving the way we do things. Mentor colleagues, actively engage in building a culture of candid feedback and help the engineering teams give and receive constructive feedback. We encourage involvement in the community, open-source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
In Sydney we have teams developing and supporting our SaaS platform, working on extending the functionality and longer term strategic bets, including real-time incident reporting, analytics, and IoT. Each team has a co-located manager, product manager, designer, direct access to customers, and support from specialists in quality, SRE and specific technologies. Check out some of the things we’ve been doing in our blog.
How You’ll Spend Your Time?
- You’ll collaborate effortlessly with engineering and product design teams identifying opportunities to make better user experiences
- You'll be part of a fun team working to better understand the customer journey and deliver improvements
- You'll understand our customers and why we build what we build through customer engagement opportunities
- You'll be a part of team roadmap sessions to formulate and then build ideas around how to better serve our customers
- You can demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- You can share experiences where you’ve built large scale web applications
- You have strong experience with modern web frameworks (e.g., React, Angular, Vue)
More than a Job!
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary;
- Hybrid working, we encourage you to create the best work blend while working from your home and the local SafetyCulture office;
- Access to professional and personal training and development opportunities;
- Hackathons, Workshops, Lunch & Learns;
- We encourage involvement in the community, open source work, attending talks and events, and experimenting with new technologies.
Office Day Benefits
- In-house Culinary Crew serving up daily breakfast, lunch and snacks;
- Barista coffee machine, craft beer on tap, boutique wines and a range of non-alcoholic beverages;
- Quarterly celebrations and team events:
- Table tennis, board games, books library, and pet-friendly office.
We’re committed to building inclusive teams and cultivating a sense of belonging so our people can bring their whole authentic selves to work each day. We seek to make reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process to create an even playing field for all candidates. Thanks to the tireless efforts of the entire SafetyCulture team we’ve built an incredible culture which has seen us recognised as a Best Place to Work in Australia, the US and the UK.
Even if you don't meet every requirement listed in the ad, please consider applying for this role. We prioritise inclusion and value individuals with potential over a checklist of qualifications. Don't rule yourself out, hit that apply button if this job resonates with you You can find out more about life at SafetyCulture via Youtube, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
To all recruitment agencies, we do not accept resumes or partnership opportunities. Please do not forward resumes to SafetyCulture or any of our employees. We are not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.