Customer Experience Manager
Seer is a Melbourne-based MedTech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award winning medical devices, combined with an extensive research and development program, and demand-based clinical coverage across the country, we are shifting the patient centre of care from the hospital to the home.
Our mission is to empower patients and their doctors by creating new care pathways that are entirely free from the inefficiencies of bricks and mortar institutions. Building on our expertise in epilepsy, we are creating end-to-end systems that give people control over their health and put them on a path to better medical outcomes.
With a strong team, Seer Medical will be the global technology leader in home monitoring across neurological, sleep, and cardiac conditions by 2026.
We boast Australia’s largest team of neurophysiologists led by world-renowned neurologist Prof Mark Cook.
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced, ambitious, and enthusiastic individual to join our Clinical Services team.
Reporting to the Head of Services, the Customer Experience Manager is responsible and accountable for all patient experiences that take place outside of the face-to-face connections and disconnections in the clinic. This is best represented in the management of two teams; Practice Management and Patient Support.
Practice Management is comprised of the booking, billing, and general administration teams. These teams provide the initial contact for patients with Seer Medical’s diagnostic service, they coordinate hundreds of bookings a week, field booking and billing inquiries, and ensure referring doctors receive their completed reports.
Patient Support provides equipment troubleshooting support to the patient-facing teams during connections and monitors the patient’s recording throughout their monitoring period to maintain quality. The support provided by this team is essential and patients regularly communicate their positive experiences.
The Customer Experience Manager requires an eclectic skillset, with the ability to manage teams with a diverse range of skills and ensure that the experience of their team, the patient, and the referring doctor are managed. As such, the successful applicant will be an exceptional people manager, able to motivate their teams to provide a high-quality patient-centric service in keeping with best clinical practice.
The Customer Experience Manager will be responsible and accountable for the quality and outcomes associated with the patient experience teams across all locations, including; operational management, leadership, the cultural success, and professional development of all staff within their purview.
- Ensuring the success of the Practice Management and Patient Support team's operations enabling a safe, consistent, patient-centric service that maintains exceptional standards and reflects best practice.
- Facilitating the growth of a strong team culture among geographically dispersed teams.
- Ensuring teams are appropriately resourced and placing a strong focus on staff retention and satisfaction.
- Leading teams to achieve key organisational, service, and individual performance goals within the accepted professional, ethical, moral, and legal standards applicable to contemporary health care.
- Developing and maintaining a high level of procedural expertise and developing strong working relationships with peers and subject matter experts to ensure consistently high-quality outcomes.
- Performing ongoing service evaluations and proactively seeking out opportunities to improve, develop and refine clinical processes.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a management role
- You have experience managing multidisciplinary teams, ideally in different geographical locations
- You are passionate about building and maintaining a strong team culture
- You have experience developing, implementing, and monitoring standardised procedures
- You have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate with a range of people and experience levels
- You have a highly developed organisational skillset, including the ability to organise priorities, make decisions, set realistic goals, and meet deadlines
- An active understanding of clinical practices and principles is preferable
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems. Our company’s mission is to open up access to the brain, heart, and respiratory monitoring that is traditionally only offered through hospitals. We do this by creating medical products and services that transition hospital-based diagnostic testing into the home setting.
A bit more about our technology:
As leaders in seizure cycle research, we’re developing world-first seizure risk forecasting capabilities in our app that will change the lives of millions living with uncontrolled epilepsy.
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Our wearable EEG/ECG device has been awarded three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — we uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.