Seer is a Melbourne-based medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award-winning medical devices, combined with an extensive research and development program, and demand-based clinical coverage across the country, we are shifting the patient center of care from the hospital to the home.
Our mission is to open up access to brain, heart, and respiratory monitoring that is traditionally only offered through hospitals. We do this by creating medical products and services that transition hospital-based diagnostic testing into the home setting.
We also recognise that healthcare doesn’t stop after testing. Research is at the heart of what we do at Seer, and we’ve been leading the field in understanding seizure cycles and developing a seizure risk forecaster that will change the lives of millions living with uncontrolled epilepsy.
When you join the Seer team, you become part of a tight-knit group driven by purposeful work to make a huge impact in the world.
The Clinical Technologist role is part of the Clinical team where the focus is on delivering world-class patient experiences through the most innovative and patient-centric medical equipment and software on the market — all designed in-house.
We boast Australia’s largest team of neurophysiologists led by world-renowned neurologist Prof Mark Cook.
In this role, you will:
Seer Medical’s clinical team is responsible for delivering the largest at-home video EEG-ECG monitoring service in Australia. As a Clinical Technologist, your primary responsibility will be to conduct high-quality ambulatory video-EEG-ECG recordings and perform patient-facing processes, including; equipment preparation, infection control, patient connections, and disconnection. Additionally, you will need to communicate critical information clearly to patients and across teams reliably. You will also progressively attain the skills required to review and understand clinical data.
As a clinical technologist, you will perform the patient-facing aspects of Seer’s clinical service and conduct high-quality ambulatory video-EEG-ECG recordings. Your responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming patients and ensuring their comfort,
- Connecting patients to our ambulatory video EEG and ECG system
- Preparation of equipment for all patient-facing services
- Securely transferring and managing patient data,
- Performing minor equipment maintenance and troubleshooting,
- Frequent travel to satellite offices, predominantly Gold Coast, to connect/disconnect patients,
- Travelling to patients when troubleshooting cannot be performed remotely,
- Maintain mandatory OH&S and infection control standards,
- Responding appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Experience in health care or a relevant field is welcomed.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to operate within rigid timelines - studies and projects are time-sensitive.
- Excellent time management & prioritisation: the ability to identify what needs to be completed first.
- Confident in using various new technologies in challenging environments.
- Ability to read, digest, evaluate and communicate technical and clinical information.
- A degree in healthcare, health sciences or medical technology, or equivalent is highly desirable
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Improve the lives of patients across the country using our groundbreaking products and technology.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- As leaders in seizure cycle research, we’ve been awarded a shared US$3 million and a further AUD$1m to develop world-first seizure risk forecasting capabilities in our app. This feature is made better for app users through our partnership with Fitbit and Epiminder.
- Patients rate us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot as a result of our incredible clinical team.
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Our drive to improve patient comfort has led to three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.
Something looks off?