Product Support Engineer
Seer is a Melbourne-based medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. Through award-winning medical devices, mobile apps and software solutions combined with an extensive research and development program, we are shifting the patient center of care from the hospital to the home.
Our mission is to open up access to brain, heart, and respiratory monitoring that is traditionally only offered through hospitals. We do this by creating medical products and services that transition hospital-based diagnostic testing into the home setting.
We also recognise that healthcare doesn’t stop after testing. Research is at the heart of what we do at Seer, and we’ve been leading the field in understanding seizure cycles and developing a seizure risk forecaster that will change the lives of millions living with uncontrolled epilepsy.
When you join the Seer team, you become part of a tight-knit group driven by purposeful work to make a huge impact in the world.
About the role
The Product Support Engineer provides assistance to our clinical customers by diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems. They use their knowledge to resolve medical device issues and clinical application errors, primarily via immediate remote support.
The product support engineer interacts with customers and colleagues throughout Australia, the UK, US and Europe to address inquiries, concerns, and requests escalated internally or directly. They represent the company in every interaction with the customer and as such, they must be well-presented and articulate. A positive, solution-focused engineer with an understanding of the challenges faced by hospital teams is essential for the role.
Ultimately, the product support engineer will be a person our customers trust. They will be relied on to provide timely and accurate solutions to technical and clinical application problems. They also investigate these problems to find the root cause, then feed this information to the team to highlight potential training or design flaws.
In this role, you will:
- Owning customer issues from notification to resolution, including managing escalations, to deliver the best and most cost-effective solutions.
- Performing remote or in-person (rarely) assessments of products with suspected faults.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
- Following standard procedures for properly escalating unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Performing routine testing, software updates and firmware upgrades on Seer products.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of products and processes, whilst monitoring product performance and reporting customer feedback to management.
- Maintaining documentation of support activity, expenses and an accurate product knowledgebase.
- 2 years of experience in a similar, support-focused role is essential.
- Experience working in or around a hospital system (desirable).
- Experience working with ITIL frameworks (desirable).
- Experience with process control in compliance with standards such as ISO13485, MDR and 27001 preferred.
- Comfortable working inside a linux shell (desirable).
- Knowledge of any of the following is desirable: Python, TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, NetworkManager, HTTP, WebSockets, systemd, RTSP, ffmpeg, apt, Datadog, Cloudwatch, and common Unix command line tools.
- Degree in engineering, computer science or healthcare technology.
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Contribute to the global impact our groundbreaking products and technologies are making.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
- We’ve been awarded over AU$2 million in government fund grants towards new product innovation, manufacturing, and research in the last two (2) years
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Our products and technologies are listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods, have earned CE accreditation, and FDA approval.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.