Medical Office Assistant
Seer is a market-leading medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. From our global headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and our US location in Rochester, MN we are rapidly expanding our team to solve big problems in the healthcare sector.
Seer believes that technology can have a positive impact on healthcare. We’re on a mission to challenge the status quo of healthcare and push the limits of what’s possible when it comes to patient empowerment. By opening access to home monitoring services at scale, we believe we can relieve bottlenecks in the healthcare system, fast-track treatment, improve productivity, and save millions of lives.
Seer has already made a major impact across Australia over the last five years and has now entered the UK and US markets.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a skilled administrator or customer service expert to join our team. As a Medical Support Assistant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless coordination of medical bookings through phone and email communication. Your attention to detail and ability to organize resources and equipment to meet clinical requirements will be invaluable. The position is based at our Rochester, MN headquarters.
We are seeking a candidate who is patient and service-oriented, with a strong focus on providing exceptional customer support. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and enjoy working collaboratively within a team.
In this role, you will:
- Manage outbound and inbound calls to efficiently organize and confirm clinic bookings, ensuring clear communication of key information, especially in managing hospital expectations
- Ensure reports and service summaries are delivered within the required timeframe.
- Coordinate and assign clinical resources (both people and equipment) for each of our clinics
- Keep calendars and internal documents up-to-date with new and revised bookings, maintaining accurate records.
- Uphold the highest level of customer service, ensuring our patients and partners receive a seamless patient and partner journey
- Respond to patient and partner queries and concerns in a timely manner, proactively troubleshooting and escalating issues as needed.
- Maintain data integrity and patient confidentiality, respecting privacy at all times
- Experience working in a medical environment and familiarity with medical terminology would be an advantage
- Administration qualifications and/or experience in a medical environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, with experience in handling a high volume of calls an advantage.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, and diplomacy in all interactions
- Ability to think on your feet and act proactively.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking abilities, and effective prioritization skills.
- Possess great written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to personal learning, development and improvement in pursuit of own performance objectives and those of the team and organisation.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Office will be advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and excellent English communication skills, written and verbal.
- An outstanding phone manner to provide exceptional customer service.
- The ability to accurately and succinctly document all communications.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed, including being on a roster to work on Saturdays once a month.
- Capable of lifting up to 30lbs when required.
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Improve the lives of patients across the country using our groundbreaking products and technology.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- As leaders in seizure cycle research, we’ve been awarded a shared US$3 million and a further AU$1m to develop world-first seizure risk forecasting capabilities in our app. This feature is made better for app users through our partnership with Fitbit and Epiminder.
- Patients rate us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot as a result of our incredible clinical team.
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Our drive to improve patient comfort has led to three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
At Seer, we are committed to creating a diverse team whose members help each other to grow. For this reason, we particularly encourage women and people from minority groups to apply.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.