Senior HR Business Partner
Seer is a market-leading medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. From our global headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and our US location in Rochester, MN we are rapidly expanding our team to solve big problems in the healthcare sector.
Seer believes that technology can have a positive impact on healthcare. We’re on a mission to challenge the status quo of healthcare and push the limits of what’s possible when it comes to patient empowerment. By opening access to home monitoring services at scale, we believe we can relieve bottlenecks in the healthcare system, fast-track treatment, improve productivity, and save millions of lives.
Seer has already made a major impact across Australia over the last five years and has now entered the UK and US markets.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior HR Generalist to provide guidance and support on all HR-related matters, to join our team in the US. Reporting to the Director of Global HR and Talent based in our headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, you will work closely with the VP + GM in Minnesota to drive business growth in the US market while ensuring alignment with our company's global HR strategies.
As a Senior HR Generalist, your role will include a combination of strategic and operational tasks aimed at managing and supporting various aspects of HR within our organisation. You will be a crucial link between our employees and the organisation, providing essential guidance, support, and expertise on all HR-related matters. Your role will be instrumental in fostering a positive and rewarding work environment, promoting employee engagement, and ensuring compliance with employment laws and company policies.
In this role, you will:
- Act as a trusted point of contact for employees, addressing their queries and concerns promptly and professionally.
- Collaborate with management to resolve employee relations issues, promoting a harmonious workplace environment and a positive workplace culture.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Manage performance review processes, including goal-setting, feedback and development plans.
- Assist in identifying performance improvement opportunities and growth paths for employees.
- Stay up-to-date with federal, state, and local employment laws in the US and ensure HR policies and practices comply with legal requirements.
- Collaborate with legal counsel to address any compliance-related issues and implement necessary changes to policies and procedures
- Communicate changes in HR policies, procedures, and benefits to employees.
- Collaborate with the Global Talent Acquisition team to support recruitment efforts for the US market and participate in candidate interviews if needed to ensure alignment with the company's mission, vision and values.
- Work closely with the onboarding team to ensure consistent and effective onboarding processes for new employees across the US.
- Working with IT to ensure exceptional onboarding experience is provided to new joiners across the US.
- Administer compensation and benefits programs, including salary reviews and benefits enrollment.
- Provide guidance on compensation strategies, market trends and benchmarking.
- Manage HR data and records, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
- Generate regular reports on compensation, benefits, turnover and other HR metrics to provide insights for decision-making.
- Contribute to global HR projects, process improvements and initiatives.
- Collaborate with other departments to align HR initiatives with overall business goals.
- Help promote and sustain our company culture through HR-driven initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in HR
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist or similar role, preferably in a global organisation.
- Strong understanding of HR practices, employment laws and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with compensation practices and benefits administration.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement HR initiatives and manage complex projects.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) - desirable
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Improve the lives of patients across the country using our groundbreaking products and technology.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- As leaders in seizure cycle research, we’ve been awarded a shared US$3 million and a further AU$1m to develop world-first seizure risk forecasting capabilities in our app. This feature is made better for app users through our partnership with Fitbit and Epiminder.
- Patients rate us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot as a result of our incredible clinical team.
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Our drive to improve patient comfort has led to three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
At Seer, we are committed to creating a diverse team whose members help each other to grow. For this reason, we particularly encourage women and people from minority groups to apply.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.