Compliance and Contracting Manager
Seer is a market-leading medtech company challenging the status quo of how healthcare is delivered. From our global headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and our US location in Rochester, MN we are rapidly expanding our team to solve big problems in the healthcare sector. Through award-winning medical devices, combined with an extensive research and development program, and demand-based clinical coverage across the country, we are shifting the patient centre of care from the hospital to the home.
Seer believes that technology can have a positive impact on healthcare. We’re on a mission to challenge the status quo of healthcare and push the limits of what’s possible when it comes to patient empowerment. By opening access to home monitoring services at scale, we believe we can relieve bottlenecks in the healthcare system, fast-track treatment, improve productivity, and save millions of lives.
Seer has already made a major impact across Australia over the last five years and has now entered the UK and US markets.
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Compliance and Contracting Manager to provide guidance and support on a broad range of legal, regulatory and contractual matters to join our team in the US. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will work closely with the VP/GM in Minnesota to drive business growth in the US market while ensuring alignment with our company's global legal strategies.
This role will serve an important role in Seer’s continued enhancement of its Compliance program. This position will provide a broad range of compliance support and work to assist in the implementation, maintenance, and continued improvement of Seer’s compliant and ethical practices and behaviours through close collaboration with internal and external business partners. This role will also have primary responsibility for executing key elements of Seer’s US external compliance strategy across business lines, as well as handling the execution and compliance of Seer contracts with major US health systems.
As a Compliance and Contracts Manager, your role will include a combination of strategic and operational tasks aimed at managing and supporting various aspects of Legal within our organisation. You will be a crucial link between several functions in the organisation, providing essential guidance, support, and expertise on all US compliance matters covering both the external environment as well as Seer’s internal compliance with contracts. Your role will be instrumental in accelerating growth for the organization in a sustainable manner.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support and direction on all aspects of incoming and outgoing contracts, agreements, and subcontracts, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating agreements; interpreting language; and applying rules and regulations Prepare, organize, and maintain contract records and files documenting contract, modification, performance, and compliance.
- Establish, maintain, and update compliance policies and procedures in accordance with Seer policies.
- Develop, maintain, and update templates for various types of awards, contracts, agreements, subawards, and subcontracts.
- Conduct internal compliance reviews of contracts.
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of new systems, policies, and best practices for agreements, contracts, and vendor agreements to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support proposal development, including review of bids, preparation and review of agreements, representation and certifications and past performance documentation.
- Train program staff on compliance requirements based on contractual requirements.
- Create monitoring plans for active contracts and contract closeout; report on the state and performance of contract and compliance to internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Provide training to internal and external organizational clients on a broad range of topics, including anti-bribery, FDA regulations, Sunshine Act, AdvaMed Code of Ethics, transparency reporting and company policies.
- Oversee data collection and generation of US and global transparency reports and subsequent reporting of transparency reports to applicable authorities.
- Maintain an understanding of disclosure laws, regulations, and applicable industry codes.
- Requires a B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent (Advanced degree preferred) with 5+ years in compliance, audit and/or other related experience required.
- Healthcare Services, Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical experience required.
- Knowledge of and experience with laws, regulations, and industry guidance that affect the medical provider, medical device or pharmaceutical industry, including global aggregate spend and other reporting/sunshine laws, fraud and abuse and anti-kickback statutes, AdvaMed Code of Ethics or PhRMA guidelines.
- Experience with US and global transparency reporting.
- Experience developing and executing audits and monitoring.
- Experience reviewing and modifying legal documents to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Strong operational and project management skills required.
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate must have strong team orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and prioritize multiple demands.
Why choose Seer?
At Seer, we are doing purposeful work solving some of healthcare’s most pressing problems.
- Challenge the status quo. If there’s a better way of getting something done, that’s how we want to do it.
- Improve the lives of patients across the country using our groundbreaking products and technology.
- Be empowered and enabled to do your best work.
- Be treated with respect by your colleagues and peers.
A bit more about us
- As leaders in seizure cycle research, we’ve been awarded a shared US$3 million and a further AU$1m to develop world-first seizure risk forecasting capabilities in our app. This feature is made better for app users through our partnership with Fitbit and Epiminder.
- Patients rate us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot as a result of our incredible clinical team.
- Awarded ‘Most Outstanding Patient Innovation’ for 2021 by the Australian Patients Association.
- Ranked #8 on Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 in 2020 (Australia’s list of fastest-growing technology companies).
- Our drive to improve patient comfort has led to three prestigious design awards across Australia and Europe for our wearable EEG/ECG device, Seer Sense®.
At Seer, we are committed to creating a diverse team whose members help each other to grow. For this reason, we particularly encourage women and people from minority groups to apply.
We know your time is valuable and that finding the right role at the right company is a time-consuming journey. Seer is committed to providing candidates with an engaging, informative, and transparent experience as part of our recruitment process.
One last thing — We uphold and live by our company values every day. If they resonate with you and you are interested in this role, we look forward to reading your application.