Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
A little about us:
Shippit is Australia’s best connected shipping software. Logistics infrastructure is a sophisticated beast, and we’re not only improving the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner: deliveries made through our platform are already 100% Carbon Neutral. Proudly Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup with the security of impacting a growing industry that needs some love and attention. Our recent Series B2 cap raise of $65m has added to our ability grow and solve some chunky problems.
Watch this - What we do
The role & the team
As we continue to rapidly scale, there is an exciting opportunity to join our commercial team. Reporting to our Commercial & Corporate Development Manager, this role will shape and evolve our Salesforce platform. You will also be involved in the commercial operating cadence and elevation of our performance across all our GTM functions.
Day to day
* Identify and gather requests for improvements or changes to Salesforce, and implement these changes as appropriate
* Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, flow automation, validation rules, dashboards and reports
* Manage complex Salesforce integrations
* Working with integrated applications for event management, mass email, document merge, and more
* Make data enrichment seamless (through third-party tools and data synch from other systems) - and reduce the amount of manual/unstructured data entry (for stakeholders)
* Involvement in budgeting and quarterly Sales, Customer Success and Account Management planning - including lead and capacity planning
* Oversee our ability to track sales funnel, pipeline and operational metrics in a single consolidated view
* Support delivery of reporting and regular insights to the business to improve our GTM performance
* Support the strategic planning, implementation, and maintenance of our incentive programs
Our ideal Shippster
* We pride ourselves on having a team of good humans with great knowledge, and a hunger to learn. For this role you will need to have:
* Experience in the SaaS or logistics industry is highly desirable
* Experience working across Sales & Marketing, implementing Salesforce processes
* Have or working towards Salesforce Consulting certification
* Salesforce and Sales Operations experience
* Understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
* Ability to coordinate system update requests from stakeholder groups across the business
* Strong analytical, operational, and project management foundation
* Ability to handle and analyse large data sets
* Enthusiasm towards continued personal/professional development
Life at Shippit
We have so much to offer at Shippit, it’s almost too hard to list it all in a job ad, so here is a snippet of what our people tell us they love:
* CBD office location - state-of-the-art office with all the facilities/ tools you need to get the job done
* Hybrid/ Flexible working - choose whether you want to come into the office or work from home
* Our business is yours - be rewarded with a generous Employee Share Option Plan
* Get fit - we contribute to your gym membership
* Enrich your life - travel and explore the world through the flexibility to temporarily work anywhere, yes anywhere in the world for up to 2 weeks of the year
* Let’s grow together - ongoing professional and personal development opportunities provided
* We love to eat - let us treat you to a delicious lunch once a week, we’re talking trimmings and all. Oh and our pantry and fridges are fully stocked for your convenience
* Family Friendly - we promote a sustainable balance in one's identity as a Shippster AND a parent – so enjoy an improved parental leave policy
* Wellbeing & Mental Health - all newbies start on Wednesday for a shorter first week, allowing time to reflect and rest
… AND MORE!!
You’ll be joining a high-performance culture at Shippit, where everyone can make a difference. We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen!
The team behind Shippit come from diverse backgrounds, but all embody the core values that make our business unique. Our mantra is to make ship happen, every single day.
We’re a phenomenal place to work, and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #9 in Linkedin’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2021. It doesn’t stop there, we have a whole bunch of accolades we earnt over the years which we are super proud of.
Watch this - Culture at Shippit
Our recruitment process - we don’t like to complicate things
1. Phone screening - nice and simple to start, let’s get to know each other.
2. Hiring Manager Interview - impress your potential new Manager.
3. Technical/ Functional Interview - let your skills do the talking.
4. Values Interview - have you got what it takes to be a Shippster?
We are in this together
Shippit promotes and supports a diverse workforce at all levels of the company. It is our belief that creating a work environment that enables us to attract, retain, and fully engage diverse talent leads to enhanced innovation and creativity in our products and services. We foster a culture of inclusion at Shippit and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage everyone to apply and please reach out if you require any accommodations or assistance along the way.
Get in touch
In a forever changing automated world, we’re still human at Shippit and we love to chat, so if you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Cox on 0451 652451.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
See more open positions at Shippit
Something looks off?