Application Support Engineer
Software Engineering, Customer Service
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
A little about us:
Shippit is Australia’s best connected shipping software. Logistics infrastructure is a sophisticated beast, and we’re not only improving the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner: deliveries made through our platform are already 100% Carbon Neutral. Proudly Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup with the security of impacting a growing industry that needs some love and attention. Our recent Series B2 cap raise of $65m has added to our ability grow and solve some chunky problems.
Watch this - What we do
Your (awesome) team and role!
Are you passionate about learning technology and enjoy helping people? If you have some web development experience and want to be a part of creating truly exceptional customer experiences then the Customer Support team at Shippit is right for you.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join our team in Sydney. This is a hands-on, technical role, our support engineers are directly responsible for helping customers use and integrate with Shippit while striving for the best possible customer experience.
Day to day!
* Develop deep knowledge of the logistics and eCommerce industries, the Shippit platform, our APIs, and the many technologies employed by our customers: use this knowledge to contribute to the overall success of our platform.
* Troubleshooting and problem-solving complex issues on a daily basis and ensuring our customers are always feeling supported and kept up to date.
* Monitoring queue & KPI health, Identifying, and escalating issues to our engineering team, and supporting incident management and resolution.
* Influence the direction of the Shippit through building strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams eg. R&D, Sales & Success.
* Efficiently manage workloads, competing issues, and queue health.
* Utilise inherited and learned knowledge to build tools, documentation and solutions that will help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our team.
* Please note this role will require flexible working hours, including working outside business hours (on-call), evening/night shifts and weekends.
Our ideal Shippster - You!
We pride ourselves on having a team of good humans with great knowledge, and a hunger to learn.
For this role you will need to have:
* Experience in a customer-facing technical role
* Experience interacting with customers verbally and in writing
* Experience with an REST API-based product
* Previous experience with debugging tools (eg Datadog, Newrelic)
* Strong Emotional Intelligence and written/verbal communication skills
* Strong interest in partnering and helping customers of all sizes ranging from small, emerging businesses to scaled-up enterprises
* Strong ability to manage your time well in a fast-paced environment, the ability to push through ambiguity, to rapidly switch gears, and to pay attention to detail while retaining focus on the bigger picture
* Strong team player, communicates and works well with global teammates
Life at Shippit, the good stuff!
We have so much to offer at Shippit, it’s almost too hard to list it all in a job ad, so here is what we believe you’ll love:
* CBD office location - state-of-the-art office with all the facilities/ tools you need to get the job done
* Hybrid/ Flexible working - choose whether you want to come into the office or work from home
* Our business is yours - be rewarded with a generous Employee Share Option Plan
* Get fit - we contribute to your gym membership
* Enrich your life - travel and explore the world through the flexibility to temporarily work anywhere, yes anywhere in the world for up to 2 weeks of the year
* Let’s grow together - ongoing professional and personal development opportunities provided
* We love to eat - let us treat you to a delicious lunch once a week, we’re talking trimmings and all. Oh and our pantry and fridges are fully stocked for your convenience
* Family Friendly - we promote a sustainable balance in one's identity as a Shippster AND a parent – so enjoy an improved parental leave policy
* Wellbeing & Mental Health - all newbies start on Wednesday for a shorter first week, allowing time to reflect and rest
… AND MORE!!
Culture Culture Culture!
You’ll be joining a high-performance culture at Shippit, where everyone can make a difference. We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen!
The team behind Shippit come from diverse backgrounds, but all embody the core values that make our business unique. Our mantra is to make ship happen, every single day.
We’re a phenomenal place to work, and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #9 in Linkedin’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2021. It doesn’t stop there, we have a whole bunch of accolades we earnt over the years which we are super proud of.
Watch this - Culture at Shippit
Our recruitment process - we don’t like to complicate things!
1. Phone screening - nice and simple to start, let’s get to know each other.
2. Hiring Manager Interview - impress your potential new Manager.
3. Technical/ Functional Interview - let your skills do the talking.
4. Values Interview - have you got what it takes to be a Shippster?
We are one!
Shippit promotes and supports a diverse workforce at all levels of the company. It is our belief that creating a work environment that enables us to attract, retain, and fully engage diverse talent leads to enhanced innovation and creativity in our products and services. We foster a culture of inclusion at Shippit and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage everyone to apply and please reach out if you require any accommodations or assistance along the way.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.