Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
A little about us
Shippit is Australia’s best connected shipping software. Logistics infrastructure is a sophisticated beast, and we’re not only improving the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner: deliveries made through our platform are already 100% Carbon Neutral. Proudly Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup with the security of impacting a growing industry that needs some love and attention. Our recent Series B2 cap raise of $65m has added to our ability to grow and solve some chunky problems.
Watch this - What we do
The role & the team
We’re seeking an experienced product marketing expert to shape the journey and ongoing success of our industry-leading commerce technology and logistics services.
Using strategic insights backed with market evidence, you will play a pivotal role in formulating exciting new product offerings with carefully crafted positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to succeed.
This newly created role sits within our Product organisation, reporting directly to the Head of Product Marketing, alongside one other PMM. As the product evangelist, your days will involve close cross-functional collaboration with logistics, product, marketing and sales teams, building functional tactics and innovative programs to drive adoption and expansion to new and existing customers.
Day to day
Drive the success of Shippit’s products and services in the market through a decisive mix of competitor research, value-based messaging and go-to-market planning.
Planning and strategy
* Foster close cross-functional partnerships to understand the market direction for our products and services
* Implement strategies that identify and target buyers with product marketing campaigns and content
* Analyse marketing and GTM strategies to identify new opportunities to accelerate acquisition and adoption among target audiences and segments
Customer and market research
* Conduct customer and market research to understand our customers intimately and ensure our product positioning addresses their unique pain points
* Support cross-functional stakeholders with primary opportunity identification and planning
* Conduct and maintain competitive analysis to drive ongoing differentiation and inform product development, pricing and marketing initiatives.
Positioning and messaging
* Understand and communicate the value of our products and services in a way that resonates with the pains and goals of our customers
* Create product positioning that aligns all internal teams and helps drive success in the market with awareness and differentiation
* Ensure consistent and cohesive messaging across all internal distribution channels
Launching and GTM
* Partner cross-functionally on release strategy and execution, including launch themes, events, videos, internal readiness, and external communications
* Lead GTM roadmap planning and creation for new products and services with stakeholders
* Oversee post-launch success and facilitate ongoing feedback and discovery loops
Our ideal Shippster
* 5+ years of product marketing experience in the enterprise software or SaaS sectors.
* eCommerce or logistics experience will be highly valued but not necessary
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* Attention to detail and an eye for quality.
* An appreciation that speed and perfection are at odds and an understanding that flexibility is always important
* A born story-teller and communicator with a track record of writing compelling copy and creating impactful collateral
* An ability to objectively gather, analyse, and implement feedback to continuously drive compounding improvements to our brand, product, and processes
* Excellent people and project management skills working with customers as well as with sales, marketing and product teams
* Strong interpersonal skills, blending firmness and conviction with diplomacy and a constructive attitude.
* A willingness to operate and thrive in a high-performance PMM team, with a strong focus on skill growth and strengths-based career development
* Self-starter; able to determine own path to success, rather than needing extensive direction.
Life at Shippit
* Flexible Hybrid - ability to mix your working week between The Shippit office and your home office
* We are all builders - we share our successes! Be rewarded with our Employee Share Option Plan
* Family & Paw friendly - generous parental leave policy and pet friendly office
* Be Healthy - Wellbeing Policy with strong focus on whatever makes you feel good from inside out.
* Enrich your life - travel and explore the world through the flexibility to temporarily work anywhere, yes anywhere in the world for up to 2 weeks of the year
* Fuel your growth journey - Unlocking your potential with a blend of in person and online learning and development opportunities
* Be comfortable - Casual Friday everyday!
* We love to have fun - Team outings, weekly lunches, team events, loaded pantry and the list goes on…
Join our high-performance culture at Shippit where you can make a difference. We’re on a mission that needs the right #goodhumans to help make ship happen!
Shippit actively supports a diverse workforce at all levels of the company and we all embody the core values that make our business unique. We foster a culture of inclusion at Shippit and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Our mantra is to make ship happen, every single day.
We’re a phenomenal place to work, and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #6 Best Place to Work by AFR in 2023. . It doesn’t stop there, we have a whole bunch of accolades we earnt over the years which we are super proud of.
Watch this - Culture at Shippit
Our recruitment process - we don’t like to complicate things
1. Phone screening - nice and simple to start, let’s get to know each other.
2. Hiring Manager Interview - impress your potential new Manager.
3. Technical/ Functional Interview - let your skills do the talking.
4. Values Interview - have you got what it takes to be a Shippster?
Get in touch
Let's create something extraordinary and make ship happen! Apply now and join the Shippster family.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.