Technical Content Writer
Marketing & Communications, IT
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
A little about us
Shippit is Australia’s best connected shipping software. Logistics infrastructure is a sophisticated beast, and we’re not only improving the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner: deliveries made through our platform are already 100% Carbon Neutral. Proudly Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup with the security of impacting a growing industry that needs some love and attention. Our recent Series B2 cap raise of $65m has added to our ability to grow and solve some chunky problems.
Watch this - What we do
The role & the team
As a Technical Content Writer, you will play a key role in developing the content for technical documentation, user guides, knowledge bases, and other forms of content that empower our customers to understand and effectively use our products. You will play a critical role in ensuring that our technical content is accurate, up-to-date, and user-centric.
Day to Day
* Content Creation: Oversee the creation of a wide range of technical content, including user guides, FAQs, knowledge base articles, product manuals, video tutorials, and more.
* Content Management: Maintain a well-organised and easily accessible content repository. In line with product releases, update content to reflect product changes and improvements.
* Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, product marketing managers, engineers, customer support, and subject matter experts, to gather information and insights for content creation and updates.
* User Feedback: Seek and monitor customer feedback and analytics on usage data to continually improve and expand the content library, addressing common user issues and pain points.
* Documentation Standards: Establish and maintain documentation standards and guidelines to ensure consistency and quality in all technical content.
* Quality Assurance: Ensure that all technical content meets high standards for accuracy, clarity, and user-friendliness.
If you have the skills and experience:
* Content Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy that aligns with the company's goals, product roadmap, and customer needs.
* SEO Optimization: Implement SEO best practices to ensure that technical content is discoverable by users searching for information.
Our ideal Shippster
* Curiosity and ability to see things from the perspective of our customers!
* Experience in technical writing or content creation.
* Exceptional skills in crafting plain, user-centric English.
* Ability to explain complex concepts clearly and fluently.
* Proficiency with document creation and management tools, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and content management systems.
* Strong organisational and problem solving skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise effectively, and meet deadlines.
* Flexibility and initiative to work in an agile environment.
* Experience with video creation and editing tools is a plus.
Life at Shippit
* Flexible Hybrid - ability to mix your working week between The Shippit office and your home office
* We are all builders - we share our successes! Be rewarded with our Employee Share Option Plan
* Family & Paw friendly - generous parental leave policy and pet friendly office
* Be Healthy - Wellbeing Policy with strong focus on whatever makes you feel good from inside out.
* Enrich your life - travel and explore the world through the flexibility to temporarily work anywhere, yes anywhere in the world for up to 2 weeks of the year
* Fuel your growth journey - Unlocking your potential with a blend of in person and online learning and development opportunities
* Be comfortable - Casual Friday everyday!
* We love to have fun - Team outings, weekly lunches, team events, loaded pantry and the list goes on…
Join our high-performance culture at Shippit where you can make a difference. We’re on a mission that needs the right #goodhumans to help make ship happen!
Shippit actively supports a diverse workforce at all levels of the company and we all embody the core values that make our business unique. We foster a culture of inclusion at Shippit and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Our mantra is to make ship happen, every single day.
We’re a phenomenal place to work, and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #6 Best Place to Work by AFR in 2023. . It doesn’t stop there, we have a whole bunch of accolades we earnt over the years which we are super proud of.
Watch this - Culture at Shippit
Our recruitment process - we don’t like to complicate things
1. Phone screening - nice and simple to start, let’s get to know each other.
2. Hiring Manager Interview - impress your potential new Manager.
3. Technical/ Functional Interview - let your skills do the talking.
4. Values Interview - have you got what it takes to be a Shippster?
Get in touch
Let's create something extraordinary and make ship happen! Apply now and join the Shippster family.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.