Quality Engineer - Support Engineering
Here at Skedulo, we’re on a mission to support the 2.7 billion people in the world—and the companies that employ them—who do not work at a desk every day. Our global teams are collaborative, ambitious, innovative, and passionate about helping our customers realize their fullest potential by enabling their mobile workforces.
The Skedulo team is a tight-knit group of builders who are passionate about shaping the future of how work gets done outside of the traditional office setting. We are looking for motivated, self-starters who share our values, challenge the status quo, and push the pace of innovation in order to accelerate growth. If you’re drawn to solving hard problems and want to help develop software that will make a difference in people’s lives, Skedulo is for you. Visit our website to learn more about what Skedulo does and to learn more about our people and team.
As a QA Engineer in our Support Engineering squad, you will be embedded within the Engineering group and act as a key interface between our Customers and the Engineering teams. You will triage, test and troubleshoot escalated support issues and drive the resolution of complex customer issues that arise from business-as-usual product operations and from new customer implementations. In this role, you will be required to develop deep product expertise and ensure that the customer voice is heard and incorporated into future product development activities. You will be accountable for ensuring escalated issues are thoroughly tested, which will include test planning and execution, along with regression and release testing, with a focus on our mobile applications. You will proactively identify opportunities to improve and mature our product documentation and support processes based on your customer interactions and knowledge.
Day to Day:
- Reproduce, triage, trouble-shoot and drive the resolution of escalated customer issues from multiple inbound channels
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the timely resolution of customer issues
- Create, update, and enhance external and internal product documentation based on customer interactions
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for your work before they require escalation
- Providing a clear end of day hand-over of critical issues for continued investigation by the global technical support engineering team
- Participate in customer calls and meetings where required to assist in issue resolution
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to the global support engineering team processes
- Collaborating with the Support Engineering team to plan and execute tests and to define the necessary testing activities for all assigned issues
- Participating in the planning and execution of release testing activities for mobile applications
- Provides technical advice and product expertise to customers and internal stakeholders to assist in the timely resolution of customer-escalated issues
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
Communication & Leadership Duties:
- Communicates with their team, internal stakeholders, and with customers in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and nontechnical subjects.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in Web Application Testing and/or Mobile Testing
- Must be proficient with using software testing methodologies, processes, and tools
- Must have excellent problem-solving and diagnostic skills
- Must have excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- A strong teamwork ethic is essential
- Excellent problem-solving and diagnostic skills.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- A proven ability to learn new products, develop technical knowledge, and apply new skills in a high-paced environment.
- Experience with testing on Salesforce platform or CRM.
- Experienced in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans, test cases, and bug reports.
- Experienced in mobile application testing.
- Experienced working with Agile methodology.
- Desired candidates enjoy problem-solving while learning, developing, and applying new skills along the way.
- Beneficial to have a working knowledge of the Atlassian Suite, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Beneficial to have prior experience working with geographically distributed teams.
Top Reasons to Join Skedulo!
- A dynamic product company with great tech.
- You get your own Macbook Pro.
- We support your professional development.
- Balanced Workload. Perform at your Best!
- Working from home set up stipend: $150
- Learning & Development stipend: $125 per quarter
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 20 paid leave days per year
- 8 paid Mental Healths days per year
- 3 paid Volunteer days per year
- 12 days of paid Public Holiday per year
- Annual health check-up
- Off-site trip annually
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks) in conjunction with eligible government benefits
- Miscarriage & Bereavement leave
- Equity in the form of SARS (Stock Appreciation Rights)
- Medical Benefits for employees & family
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Annual Mental Wellness Week event & a Modern Health subscription to help support the mental wellbeing
- Leadership, Mentorship, DEIB Program
- Fun, creative, and fast-paced working environment
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect and relax
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills
We encourage you to apply
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self-reject!
Something looks off?